• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Club3D - is this cooler better than the stock cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see a nekkid ram chip too. Yea, bigger fan so quieter but need to cool the ram and mosfets also.

Well I suppose that they have ran some tests with this cooler... I have bought this card, but I haven't installed it yet, I just hope that is as quiet as 8800 GTS 512MB and that cools the GPU and RAM as good as a stock cooler...

well to get an even better performance then the 8800gts cooler and a more quieter card get an accelero S1 for your 8800GT, they do a helluva job for cooling(36 idle, 45 load on my oc of 740/990)

but the ramsinks are a problem on the Accelero, I suggest you get some Sekisui thermal adhesive tape #5760(think thats the right one) and put it on the ramsinks, works well enough for me :)

well to get an even better performance then the 8800gts cooler and a more quieter card get an accelero S1 for your 8800GT, they do a helluva job for cooling(36 idle, 45 load on my oc of 740/990)

but the ramsinks are a problem on the Accelero, I suggest you get some Sekisui thermal adhesive tape #5760(think thats the right one) and put it on the ramsinks, works well enough for me :)

Thanks DY for an advice... I'll stick for a few weeks to this cooler and then if it comes to problems I'll switch to accelero S1...

3 threads and 3 S1 posts, my influence is spreading!

But see your idle and load temps, you probably don't need a new HSF.

Hi!

What do you think about this cooler? Should it be quieter than the stock one?

http://www.club3d.nl/index.php/download/pdf/CGNX_G882DDF.pdf

Many thanks in advance!

It may be a bit quieter but it will not cool any better (and most likely worse). The long
heat flow path from the GPU die to the cooler fins just clobbers the cooling ability all orb
type coolers. It has been that way since the idea was dreamed up years ago. Time,
fancy packaging and hype up the ying/yang hasn't changed that.

Viper

Back