• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM V8 or Corsair H60/70?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Google pagefile to find out what it is, but the more ram you use the more space is taken up on your OS drive for pagefile, I was asking because windows set my pagefile to 24gigs and I have 16gigs of ram so with 64gb of ram your pagefile may take up to 128gb on your ssd.

Google pagefile to find out what it is, but the more ram you use the more space is taken up on your OS drive for pagefile, I was asking because windows set my pagefile to 24gigs and I have 16gigs of ram so with 64gb of ram your pagefile may take up to 128gb on your ssd.

Well, since you brought this pagefile up. I did googled a bit and I decided to keep the pagefile size as is default. here is the screen shot of my pagefile.

12-28-2013 12-51-42 PM.jpg
12-28-2013 12-52-06 PM.jpg

Holly :shock: 98gigs max and 65gigs currently allocated for page file, thats crazy.
I have mine set manually to 300-500MB on ssd, and the rest 24gigs max and 16gigs currently allocated is diverted to my storage drive.

yeah, that is massive. But ssd price are coming down in price. I will probaby get a larger ssd down the road.

If you don't mind loosing almost half of your ssd to pagefile, nevermind then, but there is no reason to have you pagefile set to that size, you would probably be fine with a third of that.

Because what if he's using all 64GB, then he's all out of physical memory and needs pagefile, I know its highly unlikely, but still we don't know what he does with his pc.

"Page file is used by Windows to hold temporary data which is swapped in and out of physical memory in order to provide a larger virtual memory set."

Back