• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coca cola in the wc system!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I worked for Coke for 4 years...

Do not use Coke!

We had a 12" galvanized steel pipe under one of the fillers in the bottling facility. When they do a flavor change, they just dump the remaining product on the floor and it drains down this pipe.
After a few years of this, they had to move the filler and pump in cement to fill the hole that was under it. It had grown to about 6 feet in diameter and there was no sign of the galvanized pipe at all.

lol now why would you use coke though?

you plan on drinking it after???

why don't you use liquid wasibi?!?!?

Coke or any soft drink in a cooling system is retarded. You should delete this thread so there is no hard evidence you ever brought this up publicly.

Guys guys guys!

Geez! I think Jab-tech has a great sale on their Sense-of-Humor line! Drop by and pick one up ;P

Its a silly idea which he clearly stated. Its a 'to go where no WCer (sane in mind and body) has gone before' type thing.

Understanding the risks then its pretty much up to him if he feels the need to do this for chuckles. I for one agree its a bad idea but then again I am a cheapskate and would do nothing intentionally that I knew would damage my system....heck I do enough things unintentionally to damage my system ;)

That said all I can say is if you do indeed make this happen I demand pics ;)

to make it interesting. why dont you get a rig same as in my sig and test your idea on it.

Jame Gumb said:
I thinks it's that Oak Ridge national laboratory with all that Russian heavywater near you causing cancer.

I don't live that close to it, but artificial sweeteners seriously do.

WE NEED PICS!

if you have the spare wc system to blow then sure go for it but if not i wouldnt recommend it. Theres to many negative factors to out weigh the zero positive, lol. :)

10 cool points to the first person who uses some sort of soda in their watercooling system and takes pics. 15 points for beer or wine. :beer:

Soong said:
Coke or any soft drink in a cooling system is retarded. You should delete this thread so there is no hard evidence you ever brought this up publicly.

FINALLY, someone who thinks like me on these forums! Another bad idea that's junking up the forums and making everyone on here look retarded. :bang head

scott d said:
15 points for beer or wine.

What a waste. :rolleyes:

Hey guys, let's all gunk up our watercooling systems that many of us have invested so much time and money into! :clap:

CWynn said:
Threads like this belong in the OT section. :shrug:

oh man.. I'm not joking at all.. I'm fully serious.. and about to try it out some day.. doesn't matter what you guys think but I'm ****ing 110% serious..

Danjul said:
just saw "mythbusters" a program on Discovery channel and they test myths.. and they tested like 20things with original coke and they also tested the "teeth" thing infact they let the teeth be in the coke for a week and the only thing that happend was that the teeth was deep deep brown.. the best thing to use it on was to polish chrome :p

i saw that eposide too and it was so cool!

Back