• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatible RAM for asus hero 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Camohunter

Registered
Hey all, I've been getting the whea_uncontrollable_error lately and a buddy suggested checking my RAM compatibility. I run gskill Aries 2133 and the model number isn't on the mother board compatibility list... Its different by like 1 number. I ch3cked a few numbers on the list and they are all super expensive ram... Like 180 bucks for corsair 16 2400. Any information is gold. Thanks.

Maximus hero 7
Gskill Aries 2133 8x2
Windows 10
Gigabyte r9 290 windforce
CM hyper 212 evo
Nzxt phantom white

It's also starting to warm up outside, Could be you're just not stable. Try dropping the multi by 1

Also my temp ranges from 28-34 Celsius. Consistantly.

- - - Updated - - -

I deleted a reply. I have googled the cause of that error and I get multiple issues. There is no real agreement as a whole. And no I don't overclock. And to the RAM pricing, those don't match the approved models exactly, they are off by one number. I googled the list and it gave me a pdf which I can't seem to figure out how to link.

Also my temp ranges from 28-34 Celsius. Consistantly.
Im assuming this is idle (and largely not relevant... LOAD temperatures are what you need to be concerned with... but judging from those idle temps, you are likely fine).

That list, only shows what was TESTED. It does not mean they tested everything that isn't on the list and will not work. I don't think I have ever looked at a memory QVL list in my years working with the stuff.

You don't even know if memory is the issue Camo.. we should really figure out if that is truly the issue before you go out and get new ram.

Again, run AIDA64 memory test, Prime95 Blend stress test, Memtest86+.... something so we can see if the memory is actually the problem.

Ok. Do I run those programs under the start menu? Sorry for my ignorance. What's your thoughts on flashing my,bios. My system is about a year old and I know there was a bios update about a week or so ago. I really appreciate your time btw.

Ok. Do I run those programs under the start menu? Sorry for my ignorance. What's your thoughts on flashing my,bios. My system is about a year old and I know there was a bios update about a week or so ago. I really appreciate your time btw.
These applications are not included with Windows. You will have to DL them...

http://www.aida64.com/downloads
http://www.mersenne.org/download/

Here is the link to your memory QVL: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...Y_QVL.pdf?_ga=1.76312093.908951537.1454443645

As far as flashing the BIOS.. it could help, particularly if any of the updates say 'memory compatibility'. I would say go for it. Update to the latest one (3103).

That's the one. If you type in some of those models numbers, like corsair... They are super expensive

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot. Do I need to post the results or will the diagnosis tell me what I need to know?

Let's not worry about that for now... as I said, chances are any will be fine, and we are not sure memory is the cause of what is going on in the first place.

Can you answer my questions please... :)

When do you get that error... idle? Load? Gaming? Browsing the web?
What Power Supply do you have?

Oh so sorry. It's been kinda random but mostly when gaming. I play league of legends. It has rarely done it idle or browsing. It would happen once every few weeks but this last weekend it did it multiple times in a row.
I have an antec 800 bronze.

Gotcha...

Let's run AIDA/P95 as requested above and see what happens...If there are no errors they will keep running. If there are errors, you should see workers drop, etc.

After that, I would suggest upgrading your GPU drivers or rolling back if you are on the latest.

PSU should be fine. Antec's are generally solid.

Ok I'll run those tests. As far as gpu drivers go I don't think they've been upgraded past when I installed. I've searched usually every couple of weeks for updates but it always says up to date. Thanks for all this info.

What version do you have? You can check by using a program (you will have to DLoad) called GPUz.

I'll have to get back with you.... Work called but as soon as I get back I'll let you know. Might be tomorrow.

ok, sorry I run a trucking business and had to haul a loads due to a truck going down. I'm home now and about to do what you asked me to do.

- - - Updated - - -

gpu version.gif

here is my gpu info

and I ran the p95 blend test and honestly have no idea what I'm looking at but it went through all the way to worker # 8

Back