• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Complete Lockup!!! Not even getting any power!!! Help!!! IS-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nafdaos

Registered
OK
I today set my cpu to 230 fsb with 5:4 cpu to memory ratio. Tested and it was running smooth. So then I got greedy and attempted 240fsb at the same mem ratio. After playing a game for like 1/2 a minute the computer froze. So then like the idiot I am I instead of raising my agp voltages I set my memory to cpu ratio to 1:1.
I know thats where I went wrong.
Then I wouldnt even get any power to my computer at all. No fans on, no activity what so ever (except the little green led in the bottom left corner of my motherboard).

In attempts to fix this problem I tried resetting my bios through the jumpers, and pulling out the cmos battery. Nothing worked. I then made sure my case was properly plugged into my motherboard and it was. I also tried switching my memory 1 slot over.
Still nothing. I am not even getting any power anywhere except into that led.

For my computer specs just look in my signature.

nafdaos said:
OK
I today set my cpu to 230 fsb with 5:4 cpu to memory ratio. Tested and it was running smooth. So then I got greedy and attempted 240fsb at the same mem ratio. After playing a game for like 1/2 a minute the computer froze. So then like the idiot I am I instead of raising my agp voltages I set my memory to cpu ratio to 1:1.
I know thats where I went wrong.
Then I wouldnt even get any power to my computer at all. No fans on, no activity what so ever (except the little green led in the bottom left corner of my motherboard).

In attempts to fix this problem I tried resetting my bios through the jumpers, and pulling out the cmos battery. Nothing worked. I then made sure my case was properly plugged into my motherboard and it was. I also tried switching my memory 1 slot over.
Still nothing. I am not even getting any power anywhere except into that led.

For my computer specs just look in my signature.

hmm... looks like your screwed..... got any other RAM or CPU's u can plug in there to narrow it down and see if u fried somethin?

did you unplug the power supply when you swapped battery? make sure. it's good to wait at least 10 seconds, too. Because power gets stored in caps all over the place. Otherwise don't sweat it and RMA.

I unplugged my psu while the battery was out for atleast 10 minutes.
Also, I dont have any other ddr memory or processors to test with.
I will be having someone checking my memory in a different machine to see whats happening with that.

drapal said:
Maybe, you unplugged the PWR-ON cable.

sofar it seems that nafdaos has all his wires connected.

he's going to keep his battery out of the board overnight and hopes to clear his cmos.

even I have no idea why he gets no fans turned on, or that he gets no real power to the board.

any help would be nice, yet I'm going over to his house tomorrow night to look at it.

mica

problem solved....switched power-on "jack" to backwards.

funny, it worked the other way for two weeks.

mica

Back