• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer got horribly slow! (special apps!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

Hi! i have made my system around 1-2months ago it was a virus and its got fixed now!!
but this time i scanned everything EVERYTHING and my pc is still same chrom takes 20 sec to load each tab change need 10sec to load the tab!!!!

but windows apps are competely fast!!! today vlc added to slow apps list!! sometimes the music of video takes 5sec to play my windows takes the normal around 8 sec too boot! its windows 8! i got dualbool when i select widnows it almost boots instantly!!! its too horrible anwyay:( sometiems its not like this!!! i tryed restart virus scan!!! msconfig see whats there and startup and tasks

this happened in 1 days instantly no idea why! only addition was i moved my pc to my another desk coz my speakers couldn't fit there! (z323):confused: :cry:
and i connect my external hard-drive!!!! and i did it instantly after i come back from 1.5 weeks travel before travel i turned psu switch off and disconnected power cable

my system is
Cpu i5-3570k
ram:kignstone dual hyperx 1600mhz blue
HDD:WD green 7200rpm 500gb hdd
graphics card:sapphire 7750
cpu cooler: stock
case: 2 140mm intake fans 1 120 exhaust rear fan!!! idle temp aroudn 35 card is 30
gaming card temp is max 50 cpu max is 75 at 100% at others 50-65
mobo: asus p8b75-v
psu= 550w 80plus

also my graphics card make buzz noise when at minecraft like loading somehwere whit a lot of trees at stuff!!!! still grpahics card isn't at 100% it also lags at some big buildings !!! still lags when gpu cpu is not 100% and around 15% (my cpu goes 30% :eek:)
sorry for horrible big thread !!!!

tryed to compile a simple int i and get i and print i programm in visual stadio for test before even when computer were slow it wasn't like that now its like not responding or takes sooo long to compile that simple program!

Please use the edit function instead of triple posting... :)

I can't make heads or tails of your three posts I have to be honest. Let me try though..

1. Your PC is suddenly slow but only in certain programs?
2. You have coil whine on your GPU
3. It takes a while to compile? So add that to #1?

I can't make heads or tails of your three posts I have to be honest. Let me try though..

sorry i was paniced

my pc got so slow!!! a simple 3 line program takes forever to compile maybe not responding!!! my computer is so slow chrom takes 20 seconds to load after i open it every time i change the tab like from google images to OCforums it shows gray page and aftr few seconds it shows here and when i scroll it takes 30 secs to scroll!!! my computer completely freezed 3 times! :( but in games i see no lag!!!!! task manager also takes 40 sec to load my VLC Player takes 20 seconds to load!!!

When you have a moment, please create a signature with your system specs in it like in the first post (USER CP -> EDIT SIGNATURE).

Have you tried reinstalling windows? Honestly, that is about the easiest thing to do... outside of checking temperatures (Realtemp).

But calm down, make sense, and use some form of punctuation as your posts are very hard to follow in your panicked state!

ok and no reinstalling my windwos:( takes too long to abckup my files and too many things on it:( but if only chance i gonna do! it i also attacked a example of what im talking about in chrom

You should have a proper backup already... And reinstalling, if nothing else works, is the direction you want to go. I have a feeling that virus left things a bit messed up to which a reinstall would resolve the issue.

https://db.tt/55yeilih im backing up my files reinstalling will tell u results:) also making signature whit my phone while doing:)

it gonna take while guess scanning my external hdd for viruses first to be sure it not gonna infect after re installing!!!! i got 555gb of data there:(.... scanned my pc already

Last edited:
Ohhhh goood i cabt belive what i have doneee after moved all important files to a folder i restardrd pc and formated my hdd whitout moving files to ex hdd;(( oh god im so stupid!!

reinstalled widnows whitout backup:(( installing myleware bytes and some apps will tell if any problems:(((

Sounds like a faulty motherboard, but I experienced horrible slowdowns on one of my systems, turned out to be a dying HDD (scans gave sooooooooooo many bad blocks and errors). Considering Windows, these things are hard to diagnose.

re insttalled windows and got fixed don't think it could be the mother board 0_0:!!! anyway too many things to do download but now its ok and super fast:) damn I hate this coz my net is limited and downloaded 40mb I guess from when and 23 mb is downloading :S (firefox)

re insttalled windows and got fixed don't think it could be the mother board 0_0:!!! anyway too many things to do download but now its ok and super fast:) damn I hate this coz my net is limited and downloaded 40mb I guess from when and 23 mb is downloading :S (firefox)

OK good, don't randomly download stuff now like torrent and such, that's how you get those crazy viruses. Hope you didn't lose too many important files, I've been there and it blows.

kamran, learn how to partition your hard drive, how **not** to save any personal data on the operating system partition, learn how to drive image, how to connect an external drive to a power extension cord with an on/off switch so you can backup the data you care about on it and then use the switch on/off to only connect it to system when you need to use it. Develop a strategy for using Windows like that to save yourself both time and frustration.

If you have a drive image of an OS partition when everything was exactly how you want it to be, it can take as little as 5 minutes to image/reimage that state so that WHEN, not if, something goes wrong, you are back in business in five minutes or less ;).

kamran, learn how to partition your hard drive, how **not** to save any personal data on the operating system partition, learn how to drive image, how to connect an external drive to a power e booxtension cord with an on/off switch so you can backup the data you care about on it and then use the switch on/off to only connect it to system when you need to use it. Develop a strategy for using Windows like that to save yourself both time and frustration.

If you have a drive image of an OS partition when everything was exactly how you want it to be, it can take as little as 5 minutes to image/reimage that state so that WHEN, not if, something goes wrong, you are back in business in five minutes or less ;).

I know i was moving to folder was i was waiting for something else to end so i move it whit ctrla and v

my compuer freezed 3 times my computer is getting same:(( after reinstalled :( is it a hardware prob or something??!

my task manager if opens takes a year to open my vlc player keep freezing first it freezes but sound still plays after few mins i pressed space it stops the sound!

im going to post to break it up a bit so you dont have a quadruple post in 2 minutes.

sounds like a hard drive crapping out to me. or memory issues.

seriously though theres a button at the bottom of every post, it looks like this---> edit.png

Back