• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Wont Post!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ha funny stuff Rogbur and nice catch.

Glad you found the issue KFume.

The year was 2009 and I was pretty good at computers yet I had never had an issue I really had trouble with. I spent a 1000 dollars on some parts one day at New Egg for a new system and slapped it together. What ensued was 3 months of trouble trying to track down cause of the system randomly rebooting etc.

I finally figured out what it was it was the 24 pin plastic female plug in on the motherboard it wasn't always making connection and or shorting. I realized it one day when I was looking at my computer with the side cover off and I thought my bend on my 24 pin cable was a little to severe so I ever so gently lessened the bend and the machine rebooted. Once it was back up again I just slightly pushed the plastic female pin plug on the board and bam rebooted again.

This is the good part. The tower was under my desk and at the back. I realized the computer had always rebooted when I would stretch my leg or legs out and slightly pushed on the side cover (crummy case) and it would reboot. Never made the connection till then. LOL

What does this have to do with the posters issue ? notta dam thing but it made be a better thinker when it comes to stuff like this. He would have got it eventually :)

It seems that it is in fact a board issue with the corsair power supplies not being compatible with the board (GA-Z87X-OC & GA-Z87X-OC FORCE), theres a fix to this, you will have to nock of one of the resistors on the board. How can Gigabyte over look this? I've had nothing but trouble with this board. Here is the link to the information I found: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=15597196 Dino makes a post explaining it. What's strange is that for me* the board works with the AX860i but not the AX1200i. Very frustrating.

Wow, that stinks, are you gonna knock one off or no ? I don't think personally I would want to do that. Just don't like knocking off a resistor LOL, I dunno. Strange indeed !

Back