• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting a water cooling cycle to a tap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's blocking the end or the rad that killed it. Even a heater core is only designed to handle 18 psi on an everyday basis, though they'll take up to 25 psi as a safety factor (IIRC). I don't know about you guys but my house pressure is almost 50 psi - about double what a heater core is designed to take. I doubt computer rads are even designed to withstand as much pressure as a heater core ...

This is a great way to kill your fridge's compressor. Fridges cannot handle a constant heat load, they are built to cool something that doesn't produce heat. By doing that, the compressor will run very hard for a very long period of time and will eventually die. You need a stronger system like a Vapochill unit that can handle a constant heatload to do this.

Your sarcasm detector didn't work.

The point I made is, it's just plain a bad idea. Whether wasting a ton of water via a tap, putting the rad in a fridge, or whatever half baked plot comes up next, they all fail the sanity test.

Hi guys
has anyone ever connected his water cooling cycle to a tap? It would be a waste of water but water is free in my place :D

I wouldn't do it. Tap water contains not just minerals (that make water taste good) that WILL clog/corrode complex blocks, but biologics that cause other issues at some point.

I wouldn't do it. Tap water contains not just minerals (that make water taste good)

EXACTLY! stupid water bottle company's saying how pure there water is and what not... tastes like *** to me. tap water is the best! (for drinking!)

Back