• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Controlling Fans with a Phobya Splitter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerPizzadieb

Registered
Hello,
i used to regulate my FAN RPMs with a Kaze Server Fan Controller but now that i'm installing Radiators i wantned to group some of the Fans and reduce the cables a bit. For that reason i mindlessly bought 2 of those Phobya Fan Splitters just to find myself facepalming that i have to use them on full speed with the splitters.

Is there any way i could mod my way to use the existing Kaze Server, or any other tool to adjust the voltage on the Fans?

You have a controller with 12 watts per channel and are controlling 3 pin voltage controlled fans?

What you do is you get a fan controller with 30 watts per channel and group the fans logically.

You connect the fans like this:
My 3 fans wired into one connector, could be a bit prettier wiring but it works.
IMG_0437.jpg

And the wiring diagram for the 3 fans to one connector.
3FanWiring.jpg

My current setup has one knob for one 3 fan rad, another knob for 3 fan rad, one knob for two side case fans and one knob for one fan.

Yep, you just have to get them with only one RPM wire to the controller. They make them.

And... your controller is 12 W per channel? 1 Amp per channel then. Depending on the fans you can do 2, maybe 3 per channel. Gotta figure out the amp draw on the fans, and startup amperage is usually double the nominal current.

Back