• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler for GA-Z77N + 2500k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chug

Can anyone recommend a cooler that is below 95mm yet doesn't foul the pcie slot?

I was looking at the Noctua NH-L12, but it sits over the slot...

Cheers

I wouldn't touch a Corsair water cooler for love or money. They have a horrible recorsd of problems and failure.. and the new H100i and H80i are definitely sticking their hoses between their legs and doing the RMA waltz back to dealers. If you want CLC there are others that have a good track record... but not Corsair.

I had an Antec kuhler which I RMA'd due to having a clicking pump, put me off water cooling for the moment.

Are there any other decent air coolers around the same height/performance?

Thermaltake Water 2.0 works great (and so did my h100 for the record). As far as air coolers, bang for you buck - Hyper 212+ Evo. That will take a 2500K to 4.5Ghz+ depending on the CPU.

Doyll - you have been on and on about the H100i being a failure... can you PM me some links on that?

212 is too high. Not a bad cooler for the money though, gave mine to my dad.

Has to have the option to wind down and be utterly silent too.

It is? Specs show its 80mm high...?

120 x 80 x 159 mm

EDIT: Forget it.. reading>me. :p

AS far as the totally silent part, have your mobo control the fan or get a fan controller.

Doesn't add up when the fan is 120mm and stands vertically? I've had one anyway, definitely 140mm +.

The Noctua NH-L12 doesn't cover the PCIe slot if installed in the correct orientation. Thermalright AXP-100 and Prolimatech Samuel 17 should also do the job.

PCI slot cover doesn't actually matter in my project anymore, and on a re jig I need a shorter cooler. I do like the look of both of those suggestions. Doesn't this look good....

samuel17-300inst-b.jpg

The project is probably going to be filled scythe slipstreams anyway.

Which is better out of the 2 you've suggested?

Last edited:
Back