• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benny428

Hey guys.
I need to buy an aftermarket heatsink for my CPU. Stock cooler can't handle it :-/ big shocker there though. Really looking to buy the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+. Need opinions though. Anyone got any? It's appealing to me because it's a rifle cooler, and it's fairly cheap. And compatible with socket AM3.

There are certainly better heatsinks out there, when it comes to pure performance. For the price though, it is a good cooler.

There are certainly better heatsinks out there, when it comes to pure performance. For the price though, it is a good cooler.

See I was afraid of that. So for the price you really cant beat it? What about adding a second fan? Would that help?

Sure. It would also allow you to run them slightly slower as well. It won't make a huge difference, probably a few degrees Celsius.

I'm running one on an X3 Heka, no OC yet but I like that it's fairly large without impeding on my memory slots.

EDIT: Oh yeah and it's 30 bucks, can't beat that.

Good to know. That's also a feature I like. Fortunately the memory that I have doesn't have a very high profile, but still, I may upgrade memory one day...

The CM Hyper 212+ is the cooler with the best price/performance ratio out there. Not the easiest to install but not the hardest either. Adding a second fan will only knock off 1-2 C in my experience.

Back