• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sto0ka

Configuration:

CPU: Phenom II x6 1055T
MBO:Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H
GPU:Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD6750 1GB GDDR5
RAM:Corrsair Venegance 8 GB 1600Mhz
HDD:1 x WD 250GB / 1 x Samsung 1 TB
CPU Cooling: Xilence Blade Lite
Fans: 2x Air IN / 2 x Air OUT

Everest Sensor with Crysis 2 & F.E.A.R 3 running in same time , buth with opened chase. If i close it everything except HDD's go up for 5 or 6 celsius.
Code:
Field	Value
Sensor Properties	
Sensor Type	ITE IT8718F  (ISA 228h)
Motherboard Name	Gigabyte MA74GM / MA78GM / MA78LM Series
Chassis Intrusion Detected	Yes

Temperatures	
Motherboard	45 °C  (113 °F)
CPU	56 °C  (133 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1	53 °C  (127 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2	53 °C  (127 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3	53 °C  (127 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4	53 °C  (127 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #5	53 °C  (127 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #6	53 °C  (127 °F)
SAMSUNG HD105SI	35 °C  (95 °F)
WDC WD2500AAKS-00F0A0	40 °C  (104 °F)

Cooling Fans	
CPU	2143 RPM
Chassis	1510 RPM
Fan #4	1731 RPM

Voltage Values	
CPU Core	1.46 V
+3.3 V	3.30 V
+5 V	5.19 V
+12 V	11.84 V
+5 V Standby	5.48 V
VBAT Battery	3.14 V
DIMM	1.60 V

So i need solution to close chase and keep it lower than 60 Celsius :p

Maybe this helps:
2u5yk37.jpg
*Case sides dont have FAN , only hole (plastic thing with 2 options open / close)

Considering heat rises, putting the fan exhausting at the bottom doesnt make much sense. But I would first look at remounting the HSF with new thermal paste. If that does nothing to reduce temps, you may want to look at a more mainstream, better cooler. Anything with "LITE" in it for a cpu cooler scares me.

Actually LITE is better than pro version of that cooler :D
Thermal paste is new , everything is mounted today.

One of coolers is messing airflow inside and thats problem , i cant figure out which one.
Tomorow ill try to change like on picture below and see changes :D

Coz , u are right , bottom exhaust is non sense :D , dunno why i did that. So acctualy i have only one exhaust (PSU one)

29f9ztd.jpg

Try and tie those cables out the way the best you can for even better, clean airflow. I know it may be difficult as that case doesn't appear to have any wire management options, but even a little less cluttered will help cooling performance.

Also, not to nitpick, but try and use CoreTemp or HWMonitor to monitor temperatures. There is only one temp sensor in the Phenom II chips (from what I understand) so multiple core reading aren't accurate.

Or this one , Xilence Blade Extreme
34p05rd.jpg
Umm you have the CPU cooler fans facing each other? ????? They are fighting each other, creating a dead spot in the middle and not cooling at all. They MUST be push/pull, blowing either way up or down, they MUST blow in the same direction.

Your bunch of fans are a mishmash of questionable ability to move air. Honestly, I'd replace them all.

Why can't you put fans in the front of the case? You can also cut the metal off the case where the fans exhaust to, in the front and back. They DO restrict a lot of airflow.

And you have room to cut a 120mm hole in the top of the case and add a fan.

Or buy a better case. When hardware gets better, the heat gets more, thus more cooling.

Antec 902. Decent. Get past the 80 and 92mm fans. Get quiet and cool.

Back