• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haider

Hi,

Just bought a three pack and the cleaning kit to put on a Core i5-760 CPU and an Enermax ETS-T40-TB heatsink and fan combo. Just wondering if anyone else is using these thermal pads, how they got on with them and any recommendations with regard to installation?

Thanks
Haider

Last edited:
I just read about it, I don't have it but looks like it would work, only thing I don't like is getting the CPU hot to set it.
I use GC Electronis Type 44 heat sink compound on all my stuff. It works well, I use a round toothpick to apply a thin layer.

type44-796-4395.jpg 10-8118.jpg

It comes in jar or tube, I have the .5oz jar.

Here is the spec for it.

type44.jpg

Hi,

Just bought a three pack and the cleaning kit to put on a Core i5-760 CPU and an Enermax ETS-T40-TB heatsink and fan combo. Just wondering if anyone else is using these thermal pads, how they got on with them and any recommendations with regard to installation?

Thanks
Haider

i use liquid metal.

it is surprisely easy to set. just remember you need to keep your computer horizontal when you do it, and you be ok. I run Prime95 as the stress test to get the temps up. I think around 60'C, it melts and sets. Just tighten your heatsink tightly as you usually would, and boot it up, go straight to prime95 and load it.

you will see the temp raise sharply, then suddenly drop. (that's the melt.)
I kept it running for 30 mins, and then turn it off, let it settle and you are done.

i use liquid metal.

it is surprisely easy to set. just remember you need to keep your computer horizontal when you do it, and you be ok. I run Prime95 as the stress test to get the temps up. I think around 60'C, it melts and sets. Just tighten your heatsink tightly as you usually would, and boot it up, go straight to prime95 and load it.

you will see the temp raise sharply, then suddenly drop. (that's the melt.)
I kept it running for 30 mins, and then turn it off, let it settle and you are done.

Hi,

I don't have an OS as yet on there, it's a new build with an old motherboard and CPU. I was planning on placing the metalpad close to a radiator inorder for it be warm. Obviously I'll make sure the radiator below <50 C. I have the cleaning kit so will give the CPU and heat-sink surface a good clean. The motherboard BIOS is set to switch off the PC if the CPU approaches close to it's thermal limit. I was then think of putting the metalpad in place in the PC. Unplugging all the fans. Switching on PC in the horizontal position. Once the temp goes to around the 80 C mark stick the CPU fan on inorder for the PC not to automatically get switched off. Leave it running to see if the temps stabilise.

Back