• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core D2 Duo prices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satsumomo

Hey guys :)

Well today my local retailer decided to lower the price on the E8400 down to 175 Canadian, basically it's the same price as Newegg, but I can go pick it up har har, and well we know Newegg doesn't ship internationally.

Now here's the thing, this price is good until July 29th, what I want to know is: How do you think will the prices fluctuate in the next 2 weeks? I'm strongly inclined to think that neither CPUs or Memory will have a significant price drop from today until August 10th approximately.

Or is something big being released soon? Should I just go out and buy that E8400? How about DDR2 memory?

DDR2 has hit rock bottom, and imo might actually go up unless DDR3 prices come down...

I'm no industry expert though.

Next 2 weeks I don't imagine E8400 dropping.

Intel just announced price drops on C2D's so expect them to get lower and stay that way.

Hes probably thinking about the same price cuts you are, from a week or 2 ago. Price in 1000 unit quantities is down to $163 for the E8400, retail prices won't be much lower then $175 for a little while, but maybe another $5 over the next few weeks.

Hell, I'm not complaining. I'm pumped about $190 for an E8500. Plan on picking one up.

Or I could hold out till 8/10 for an E8600...

The E8400 is a great chip from what I've heard, but is there any reason not to get an E8500 at only $15 more? None I can think of :)

I thought this over last night and yeah, I also believe prices are pretty much at the lowest they'll be for a while.

I guess I'll go pick that E8400 up in a few hours then :D

EDIT:

%#@$#!!!
They raised the price back to $200 from yesterday! It was valid until July 29th! First time I've ever been victim to the "Prices may be changed without prior notice" disclaimer :(

I'm still seeing E8400 @ $174.99 and E8500 @ $189.99 both at the Egg.

Unfortunately for me, I can't buy from Newegg, since they don't ship to Canada.

Good news though, another retailer that normally has higher prices, is selling the E8400 for $176. :)

Original was Ncix.com, Atic.ca is selling the lower priced one.

Ncix has a "lower price" guarantee though, I should coerce them to selling me the E8400 for $170 heh. What really kills me is the 12% tax I have to pay here.

Win some loose some. If you see a price, and its good, definatly don't hesitate on it if thats what is fueling the buy. Thats what I did hence why I got 2x 4850's :)

Back