• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Core Parking" Windows 7 64bit Pile Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrewSE

Registered
Hey Guys,

I wanted to share some results I experienced disabling "Core Parking" in Windows 7 64bit.

I was getting some mild stutter and performance drops with Planet Side 2 and decided to investigate.

I came across a couple for posts from other AMD users and it was suggested to disable the "Core Parking" in Windows 7 or us the MS patch.

Decided to give it a shot and It made a very positive improvement.

I gained about 8-10 FPS !

You can find lots of info on the web on how to disable it, or download a program to do it.

On a side note, the FX MS patch don't work on the 8350.

Using the 12.11 Cat drivers btw.....

yes, the fx patch helps a little with the fx. you can get it from ms support, just ask for it.

Yep.. there is a thread in core parking here. :)

Call me terrible, but would you be a good sir and shoot me a link to said thread? For some reason I can't get a result using the forum search :( I'm unfamiliar with core parking on the FX processors, sounds like something I should give a shot :D

Not sure on that. I never bothered to google as I dont own an AMD. :)

That said, knowing what it is, I highly doubt one will see that kind of an increase if any at all JUST from unparking cores.... at least across the board. Perhaps in this game its an issue for whatever reason, but seeing as how the core parking thing has been known for months now, I doubt it goes across all games... not to mention we have no idea how the OP even measured it, if its repeatable...etc.

Last edited:
Not sure on that. I never bothered to google as I dont own an AMD. :)

Suppose a'huntin I will go. As terrible as tread tasking has been with these new FX processors, I'm not too surprised if it doesn't know how to properly unpark a core, too. All the tweaks I've done along the way have netted me a very substantial gaming performance gain over the 955 that preceeded the 8350 in my ex-Deneb rig, but a 10 FPS jump in games that thread poorly on these AMD parts (Like Planetside or Skyrim) would satisfy my tweak gene for a while methinks haha

Edited above, FYI.

Aye, saw it right after hitting my post button haha.

I agree though. I'll probably give it a shot, just to see how it goes. Fearing it will do nothing more than further increase power consumption and temps for 95% of cases, though. :eh?:

Back