• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Core Temp" - CPU Temperature monitoring tool for the K8 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice. will be great for watching the folders temps.
Thanks!

-Update-
Got the plugin setup and ports forwarded but the Apps not working on Droid X or Moto Xoom Just force closes for me, but I am running Roms on both devices.

Last edited:
Been a while since I used Core Temp. I was liking all the options since the last time I used it..

I really dig the G15 keyboard support. That was a nice surprise, seeing it in there. :thup:

I disabled my adblocker for your site. (I encourage others to do the same if they use ad blockers.) Since I haven't donated in a very long time, it is the least I can do. To help you out in supporting the project. Oh, and I clicked an ad link. I know it is not much, but I hope this tiny bit helps.

The only thing I would of liked to seen, but may be limited on your chosen installation wrapper. Is to be able to select what start menu programs folder to send it to, while installing.

I hope the continuing development of Core Temp is a rewarding experience for you. I think it is a nice piece of software. Congrats on hitting the 1.0 milestone.

Thanks.
This is just the initial release of the installer. I'm working with W3i to make it better, and hopefully in a month or two some/all of the previously available installer settings will return, at least to some degree.

Well. I'm thinking about it.
There's so much I want to do at once it's impossible
First of all Core Temp needs to go non-RC, as a few fixes are still needed.
Then there are a couple of other things that I need to do.
I will probably end up making an iOS app, but judging by the not-so-hot Android app, I'm still not sure about it.

My CORE TEMP readings are the same as HW monitor "core" readings so no real reason to keep CT around as it's less informative than HWM.

I need to run something by you... and maybe we need to talk in private, but I'll start here. I'm very interested in connecting directly to the server exposed by the 'CoreTempRemoteServer' plugin. This is exactly what I was considering doing myself, writing a CoreTemp plugin to expose the data via TCP/IP. The latest F@H client has a remote server interface exposed in the same manner and my interface to it has already been written and is stable. So it's a total departure from the old download and read/parse log files manually approach with all previous F@H clients; and while I'm going down this road it just seems like a good time to add support for connecting to a CoreTemp server as well.

I guess I need two things... your blessing and the protocol for talking with your 'CoreTempRemoteServer' plugin.

Version 1.0 RC2 - 7th September, 2011

- Fix: Temperature spikes to TjMax on Sandy Bridge CPUs.
- Fix: Settings not saved properly bug.

- Change: Changed frequency detection back to the original for Intel processors.
- Change: Removed power consumption feature on older CPUs (only supported by Sandy Bridge now).

- Known issues: Occasionally wrong FSB detection (Workaround: Press F5 in Core Temp).
- Known issues: Recognition of Atom E600 series.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I know I haven't updated RC3 in a very long time, and since we got Ivy Bridge, BD and now Trinity, and soon we'll have PD CPUs that the current version doesn't properly support.
Well at last I've had the chance to finish up RC4. It adds support for all of the CPUs I just mentioned and fixes some minor bugs and problems we still had with RC3.
It's now available in both the installer version, and as always a standalone version is there too, so if you're still with me feel free to check it out.

Wanted to update this thread a bit. As most of you know, there is an Android app which can connect to your PC.
I've been working on an app for Windows Phone, and the beta has been released. At this point only people with phones that have been dev-unlocked can install it as the app itself is not on the market place yet, but I would appreciate feedback on it before it goes through admission to the market place.

Download link

ZfoQTAI.png

Core Temp Monitor for Windows Phone is now available for download from the Windows Phone Store

irRPXIt.png

There is currently 2 bugs I found in this release:
1. If the phone is locked while CTM is still running and some time passes, CTM doesn't resume properly. It won't display any monitors and will probably crash. So I would recommend to close the app when you're done with it, before locking the phone.
2. There is a mysterious issue when some times when the application starts, it will display a 'Connection interrupted' dialog with a 'Parameter: index' error. In such case, just exit the app and launch it again.

I'm working on getting these two problems sorted, but would really appreciate feedback on other serious problems so they can be fixed before I resubmit the app, which can take several days to be approved.

Version 1.0 RC6 - 9th October, 2013

- New: Digital signature. Core Temp is digitally signed by 'Artur Liberman', it is now easy to tell that you have a genuine copy of Core Temp.
- New: Update Checker. Core Temp can now notify you when a new version is available.
- New: You can now hide the taskbar button and use the system tray icons to pop the window back up.
- New: Added support AMD's new Richland APU.
- New: Added support for Intel Haswell and Ivy Bridge-EP CPUs.
- New: Preliminary support for Bay Trail-T Atoms.

- Fix: BSOD on some Windows 7/8 + UEFI enabled machines.
- Fix: AMD FX system freezes/crashes/BSOD.
- Fix: Driver failure when closing Core Temp on another Windows user account.
- Fix: Corrected detection of certain Xeon processors.

- Update: Ram utilization notification icon added to the Settings --> Notification Area.
- Update: Logitech G15 applet now supports CPUs with up to 10 cores.
- Update: System tray icons' tooltips now display their respective core information.
- Update: Log file will now also contain power consumption.
- Update: Log file will now keep track of each core on AMD CPUs as well.

Back