• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Core Temp" - CPU Temperature monitoring tool for the K8 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Downloaded it yesterday and thought... all this needs is temps in the tray.... Looks like you read my mind. Thanks for the great program.

If anyone is having problems with Core Temp crashing on them, please look at the appropriate thread and post there your problem and system spec. I think this way it will be very effective at getting to the bugs faster.

AMD Thread
Intel Thread

The Coolest said:
If anyone is having problems with Core Temp crashing on them, please look at the appropriate thread and post there your problem and system spec. I think this way it will be very effective at getting to the bugs faster.

AMD Thread
Intel Thread

Posted :) Man...I was so excited to see the update and the first three times I tried running it crashed lol, I came here immediately afterwards to see if anyone else had reported it. Apparently i'm not the only one...hope you get it fixed soon!

Thanks again, The Coolest, for an awesome program.

xtreme_ego said:
I think its MUCH more useful to show my current voltage............ vid is nice but..................

Agreed, that would be helpful.

xtreme_ego said:
I think its MUCH more useful to show my current voltage............ vid is nice but..................

Yes that might be helpful but actually having it work is another story since its just going to show similar voltage readings to like CPU-Z. Software monitoring of voltage isn't a good indication of actual voltage.

xtreme_ego said:

I think it should show both I wouldnt trade one for the other, I liek default vid it helps to identify what it actually is.

I'm running the newest one on my laptop right now and it is fine.

Ugh, my Turion is idle around 51C.

Can't wait to test this out on my X2 and see what I get. :)

this is a known issue and coolest has posted .94 back up for download
this is happening on both amd and intel platforms.

corestempty9.png

Seems to be about a 10C difference between the cores. Speedfan shows the same thing, so the program is accurate.

omg omg. showing temps in the systray IS THE BEST. I was one of the probably meany who wrote in and suggested it.

check out my systray now! the green numbers are cpu usage in %. All the info i need right in the tray, update intervals are 1sec for both. yay! pritty good temps for 2.9Ghz on air!

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• systray.JPG
    systray.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:
Great program!

A question on my E4300. It shows a Tjunction of 100c but Intel has published thermal specs of 85c. Your temps seem to be correct, my idle is 45c & 46c with an ambient of around 26-27c. The Delta to Tjunction display also indicates a 100c Tjmax.

TAT shows ~3c higher at idle and ~2c lower at load, but it also has my CPU id'd as a Pentium M (mobile). Has Intel removed the bit to check Tjmax? If the published tjmax of 85c is right, how does that affect my temps in Core Temp?

So THIS is what's been causing my shutdowns. Do you realize how close I was to replacing my PSU? :D

Nice program. Get back to me when it can be trusted for everyday operation.

I may have found a solution(!) to the BSOD problem in 0.95.
My test system stopped crashing. I need more computers with this problem to confirm the fix is working.
If you want to test the fix, please contact me via one of my IMs.

Thanks,
Arthur

Back