• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 900D WC Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I wouldn't think that's the problem since I did it with the other card, honestly I think I just want to grab another evga classified 590, the dell one is ridiculous technology wise. It overuses clock speed compared to the EVGA one, during idle mainly. But I don't know. I feel like the card itself may be the issue.

Jack, I'm on break and just finished black belt testing, got me my 1st degree yay! So that means I have time and I will do it. It's a D5 Vario.

Rollie, I'll flush the block afterwards and make sure contact is good enough, if it happens again, bye bye Dell 590

Thanks for updating your signature instead of running around looking for the past info that might have been changed by now. Makes it much easier for us.

So you have the pump at setting 5. You could leave it at that or the lowest I would go is setting 4. All up to you really.

Yes, I would take apart the loop and grab that 590 out and redo the block with new TIM and pads etc.

Grats on your black belt.

Thanks for updating your signature instead of running around looking for the past info that might have been changed by now. Makes it much easier for us.

So you have the pump at setting 5. You could leave it at that or the lowest I would go is setting 4. All up to you really.

Yes, I would take apart the loop and grab that 590 out and redo the block with new TIM and pads etc.

Grats on your black belt.
I have a strong feeling it could be contact, I'll be taking it out in a couple days, just want to see if I can do any gaming whatsoever.

Also when I take drain my loop, could I just take off the barb from the bottom GPU, let that drain, slide off the SLI Bridge, let that drain, fix the block issue and just put it back in like that?

Also thank you very much.

Also when I take drain my loop, could I just take off the barb from the bottom GPU, let that drain, slide off the SLI Bridge, let that drain, fix the block issue and just put it back in like that?

Again, shows your your whole loop so we know what your lowest point looks like and what is connected to what. Give us like 5-6 different pictures of your whole rig.

Rotate your pics pls. lol Use windows photo view and rotate them and repost them the way they should look. Lets us know the loop order so we know which way the flow goes.

Thanks!

Explain whats going on in each picture because on some pic's I don't know what is going on or what to look for.

Last 3 images would be nice if it was a shot out more instead of zoomed in that much. Want to see the surrounding area.

Thanks!

Explain whats going on in each picture because on some pic's I don't know what is going on or what to look for.

Last 3 images would be nice if it was a shot out more instead of zoomed in that much. Want to see the surrounding area.

Apologies, I was trying to emphasize the where the loop goes through.

1st one: shows the bottom gpu fitting, mostly, but then the top gpu fitting as well as the cpu ones

2nd one: shows cpu to rad and a little of the rad to res

3rd one: shows pump to rad then the rad to the bottom gpu

4th one: just the fill port

5th one: The most bottom fitting

Once everything is finished, I'll try to get nighttime SLR shots.

Reiterating the loop: Res-> Pump-> Rad-> GPU-> GPU-> CPU-> Rad-> Res

I had fun with BIOS today and got my CPU to 4.6 ghZ at 1.336 V haha
EDIT: Needs more Vcore voltage
EDIT: Overclocking isn't fun anymore, going back to 3.8 ghZ...
I used to hit 4.1ghz at 1.5 V on old mobo
LEDs are on case, I'm going down to Long Beach in a few days so I'm going to try and drain it tomorrow.
Should I complete drain or just in the gpu area?

Last edited:
Why are you draining it? I don't see what the purpose would be to draining just the GPU area. Are you going to remove the blocks and inspect them?

Why are you draining it? I don't see what the purpose would be to draining just the GPU area. Are you going to remove the blocks and inspect them?
Yeah, I'm going to take out the block to see if it's a contact issue. I'm probably going to snatch an EVGA backplate on it too.

I'd drain the whole thing. Also, your tubing appears to be kinked in the section from the CPU block to the top GPU block, that's not helping matters. You'll need a better solution there. I'd recommend two rotary angle fittings, either 45 or 60 degree. One on the GPU block and one on the CPU block, that way the tubing doesn't need to bend as much on the run between those two points.

I'd drain the whole thing. Also, your tubing appears to be kinked in the section from the CPU block to the top GPU block, that's not helping matters. You'll need a better solution there. I'd recommend two rotary angle fittings, either 45 or 60 degree. One on the GPU block and one on the CPU block, that way the tubing doesn't need to bend as much on the run between those two points.

+1

I've advised this already as you can see the fittings are under much stress. A few pages back you can see the fitting on the top GPU going to the CPU snapping sideways on its thread. I've warned him about it as it can spring a leak.

Well, I wasn't concerned so much about the fitting connections. Look at the tubing. It's pinched due to bending past its radius limit in the middle.

Well, I wasn't concerned so much about the fitting connections. Look at the tubing. It's pinched due to bending past its radius limit in the middle.

I think the tubing is fine since he's using the 1/2" 3/4". They take alot of bend to kink. I've tested it myself before my tubing kinked to see how far it can go. It's the fittings I am more worried about.

The run from the rad to the CPU needs to be shortened by a small amount too.

(how many more nits can we pic here?)

The run from the rad to the CPU needs to be shortened by a small amount too.

(how many more nits can we pic here?)

I agree it does and else where from CPU to GPU from stressing the fittings too much.

Wait is it the one with the LED shining on it?
photo (2).jpg
It isn't kinked. but I understand the issue with the fitting and I'll fix that.

Also yeah, CPU to Rad could be shortened, however if it's not causing any problems, then it doesn't need to be fixed

I'm planning on doing it all once I get the EVGA backplate.

Back