• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX vs.TX850 V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

I'm working on putting together a new system and I'm trying to decide between two PSU's.

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W

I see that the V2 has a newer version ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 and everything else is identical. It does seem that newegg is trying to dump these though as they are shipping for free and are $10 cheaper with very little review/feedback which makes me warry.

I will be setting up a an overclocked i7-960 cpu on a Rampage 3 Extreme board with 2 HDDs and one SSD. I'll cross fire ATI 6870's and will be water cooling with a MCP655-B pump and at least 6 high performance fans in the case.

I'm working on putting together a new system and I'm trying to decide between two PSU's.

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W

I see that the V2 has a newer version ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 and everything else is identical. It does seem that newegg is trying to dump these though as they are shipping for free and are $10 cheaper with very little review/feedback which makes me warry.

I will be setting up a an overclocked i7-960 cpu on a Rampage 3 Extreme board with 2 HDDs and one SSD. I'll cross fire ATI 6870's and will be water cooling with a MCP655-B pump and at least 6 high performance fans in the case.

The V2 is replacing the 850TX which is reaching its EOL (end of life), hence the price difference. Nothing wrong with either one. They are both reviewed professionally in our "Sticky" here:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708

Back