• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Hydro H100i Extreme Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sydo

Hello everyone.

Untitled.jpg

That is my current airflow setup.
I am just worrying if i should get the Corsair Hydro H100i as it will take away 2 of my outtakes at the top, wouldn't that be a problem?

Last edited:
Welcome!

I cannot see the pictures (instructions on how to host internally will be below), but it doesn't 'take it away'. You are still blowing air through the radiator (exhaust), just likely a little less. In most cases, that will not matter enough to worry about. :thup:

What case, and hardware do you have?

OCFinsertimages.png

Those top fans would still act as an exhaust, it would just run through the rad first. They quite often recommend having the rad set up for an intake but the added heat in the case really isn't worth the 2-3° you'll save on the CPU. I tried mine in both setups and using it as an exhaust was preferrable.

In the case i linked. If i put the radiator on top of the case and the fans inside the case would that be good enough for exhaust and performance?

I am not sure if i have room to mount both fans and rad inside the case. Guess i will know tomorrow.

That is what we have both said above, yes... :)

You can measure... The Corsair website has the dimensions of the rad, fans are typically 25mm in depth...

If you don't have any luck with the rad and fans in the top, the rad can also be mounted in the bottom of the case as well you'd have to remove the HDD cage to accomodate that.

Thanks guys :)

So just to clarify

Position setup should/can be:

Rad
Case
Fan

-

Case
Rad
Fan

?

It can be any way it works. For the most part, there is little performance difference between a fan pulling through a radiator, or pushing.

It can be any way it works. For the most part, there is little performance difference between a fan pulling through a radiator, or pushing.

Ive found through the years that using risers while blowing on to the rad to be most effective when there is a dead spot in the center of most fans.

Yes, there are exceptions... which is why I specifically said "for the most part".

riser = shroud

Yep, just adding some pennies here, not necc a shroud as much as using some washers to make a good half inch of space between rad and fan. Sorry for my input.

Yep, just adding some pennies here, not necc a shroud as much as using some washers to make a good half inch of space between rad and fan. Sorry for my input.

Intuitively, it would seem that adding space between the fan and the rad without a shroud would result in lost static pressure as more of the air would flow sideways. There is already a small space between the two created by the screw plates on the radiator.

Sydo, putting the radiator on top of the case would likely require cutting a hole in the top panel to slide either the radiator or the pump through since this is an all in one sealed unit and the hoses are not made to be disconnected.

You should look up the benefits of adding shrouds trents. Plenty of testing and in a lot of cases, benefits. ;)

Thanks guys, i ordered a corsair vengeance c70 should arrive
Tuesday.

You should look up the benefits of adding shrouds trents. Plenty of testing and in a lot of cases, benefits. ;)

Trents is right... Shrimp was not talking about shrouds; but about washers.. thus increasing the distance of the fans from teh radiator.. BUT also creating "huge" losses, as its basically the equivalent of mounting the fans on stilts.

Yeah, I know shrouds improve cooling. I found that out with an old TRUE I used to use. Where do you get shrouds when a kit doesn't come with them, however. Haven't I seen "custom shrouds" advertised somewhere?

ANywhere you get watercooling/fan stuff really..

FrozenCPU
Jabtech etc...

Or just google 120mm fan shroud and you will get hits.

Back