• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Corsair LPX Label does not match CPUz and BIOS specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unsafesteagle

Ok guys, i purchased 2 Corsair LPX Memory kits a short while back.

20220611_211817-cmx-2.jpg

CPU-Z and Bios SPD do not match the stickers, tested both on Intel and AMD System.

cpuzcorsiarlpx.jpg

I'm not getting XMP 2.0

Im missing something here.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Are these matched kits or purchased separately?

2. Did you buy these new or used?

3. What does your BIOS list for XMP 1 and XMP 2 settings?

Have you thought about updating CPUz. 1.95.0 is almost 6 months old. Maybe it isn't playing nice with whatever system you tested on (though if you can't see XMP 2 in the BIOS either(?)...that likely isn't it... but still worth a try to update).

Does any software like Typhoon burner show the other profiles?

Can you set XMP 2 from the BIOS (regardless if the SPD doesn't match).

Also, do you want to start a separate thread on this? While you may be using these sticks for the build, not sure you want this troubleshooting in it? Your call, we can do it. ;)

1. Are these matched kits or purchased separately?

2. Did you buy these new or used?

3. What does your BIOS list for XMP 1 and XMP 2 settings?
These kits were purchased new separately, cpu-z reports the same as bios in 2 separate systems. Ive not been able to read xmp 2.0 settings in bios or cpu-z.

After re-reading his post it looks like the CPU-Z and BIOS don't match. the stickers That leads me to believe these may have been bought used and potentially sticker/heatsink swapped.
Post magically merged:

These kits were purchased new separately, cpu-z reports the same as bios in 2 separate systems. Ive not been able to read xmp 2.0 settings in bios or cpu-z.
Try with only 1 kit installed to see if the BIOS matches the sticker, then swap kits and check again. My guess is one of them could be incorrect giving a bad reading in CPU-Z. (Assuming you have 4 sticks, 2 kits here) You could also check the sticks one at a time to find out what you truly have. Since you purchased them new you should be able to exchange them if they are not reading/working correctly.

Pictures (bios SPD) would help here for clarity... ;)

At this point, I'm just wondering if there is an XMP to option to select in the BIOS (not read from SPD). I'm wondering if there are 5 profiles and no software (BIOS and current version of CPUz) can see them as CPUz only lists four. Typically there is one/two JEDEC and one/two XMP. I don't recall how much the BIOS displays (may vary).

Also, that CPUz version is several months old. I mean, it should work, but, that should be upgraded (free, takes seconds) anyway.

Worth noting, you can check each stick in CPUz by selecting it in the SPD tab.

EDIT: Taiphon burner... does it read XMP2.0?

Last edited:
These kits were sold on Newegg and shipped out of China. They appeared to be in authentic Corsair Retail Packaging and also sticker sealed.
Post magically merged:

Also, do you want to start a separate thread on this? While you may be using these sticks for the build, not sure you want this troubleshooting in it? Your call, we can do it. ;)

Hey EarthDog,

Im gonna put up a photo illustrating my home network current build and how im planning to add PCIe 4.0 support!

tks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-13 073340.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-13 073340.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220613_073523-1.jpg
    20220613_073523-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2022-06-13 074627.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-13 074627.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 5
Awesome. Thanks for the pic of the BIOS and updated CPUz.

Where it says "MEMORY PROFILES", there isn't an XMP2 option, correct? I see it says XMP2 not supported so I doubt it... but it's worth checking if you haven't.

Also, I think we're going to split this off as this troubleshooting has nothing to do with the network directly.

EDIT: What's interesting to me is that the two CPUz images don't match. One of the sticks (in slot 1 in the first CPUz pic) says the sticks are 2133 based (under max bandwidth) while the updated CPUz shows something different. Same sticks, but it reads the speeds differently. Will you please post SPD tab showing each stick of the pair? Same thing with Taiphoon burner... let's see BOTH sticks.

Stickers may be swapped, who knows... that would be a first for me to hear about and see, however.

EDIT2: Also worth noting, this is for your network (right? which is why that was mentioned here), which doesn't give a hoot if you're running at 2133 CL18 or 3600 CL18. You wouldn't know the difference.

Last edited:
Typhoon burner tells the story. These are not Corsair LPX 3600 C14 as the sticker states. these are C18. If these were mine I would package them up and return them to Newegg. Be sure to notify Newegg who the 3rd party seller was as they are clearly scamming people.

Or, since it's for a network and that return might be a PITA, just eat it and run it since you won't notice a performance difference between 3600 CL18 and CL14 for a network PC.

EDIT: Ok, so it was the old CPUz that was reading that part wrong. But yeah, he's right, since there isn't a second XMP profile anywhere, these are C18 sticks.

Even more odd, Corsair doesn't list an LPX 3600 C14 kit.

EDIT: If this was a baseball card it would be worth quite a bit more. LOL

Back