• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair STRAFE - MX Red

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanAndesen

Registered
Just got this keyboard home for a 48 hour test.
I choose to go with the Red when I had tested the Silent and by chance found a Cherry MX-Board 3.0 at the same store with Red.
To me the Silent felt too dead in a typing test but silent, yeah pretty quite.

Questions
I am finding this STRAFE with Red to be a bit louder than the MX-Board I tested (also Red), could this be due to the raised keys?
What is your experience with the STRAFE and does anyone have experience with the Cherry Mx-Board 6.0?

I am finding the Red to my liking when typing and such, they fit my speed and my varying pressure per finger.
So this is not about which Cherry to go for, its about the little louder results, and if anyone have tested the 6.0 Board.

Thank you for you time.

Do you have o-rings installed?

Nope, I know it will help some, mostly atm I feel like I need to purchase a wristrest so my hands are right in place with the hight of the keys.
I'll give it tomorrow too.
So far I'm not too satisfied, but in general the sound is not too bad, and yeah o'rings could help.
I'm looking around for a new mouse too and looking at other keyboards, atm G610 with Red, I might be able to test it at the store, just in browns, but the question is the angle of the keyboard and how it feels to my hands.
Moving from a membrane is a challenge in some ways, to me at least.

Maybe I should focus on a mouse first, but now I am testing the STRAFE and its a good board, just not sure its for me.

Which mouse and board are you using?

I kinda like the look of the G900, but not sure on it.
I tried a G602 at the store, not a fan of wireless and the G buttons were annoying, other than that the mouse fitted perfectly to my hand.

Going to return the STRAFE, its not for me, but I'll look at some Logitech stuff.

I'd still like a review from someone who have used the Cherry Mx-Board 6.0 though.

If you dont like the silent mx switches, its very probable you wont like the romer g switches either. The romer G's are pretty "squishy" compared to cherry mx switches.

Yeah tested the Romer G today and; squishy and lacking in pop-up after full press down, so nope, not to fond of those.
Seems like a nice switch though, so some people might love it.

I'm taking it slow with the keyboard, but maybe on Black Friday. The G610 seems nice and I tried it with the Brown today too, I am now some what confused on the choice between Red and Brown. :D

I highly prefer MX Brown over MX Red. If you're wanting a stiffer key, but like MX Brown, look in to getting MX Clear.
Key feel is also dependent upon how the switch is mounted. A metal plate mounting solution (something to watch for from the manufacturer) in the keyboard makes things much more solid.

I highly prefer MX Brown over MX Red. If you're wanting a stiffer key, but like MX Brown, look in to getting MX Clear.
Key feel is also dependent upon how the switch is mounted. A metal plate mounting solution (something to watch for from the manufacturer) in the keyboard makes things much more solid.

Think I need to test the same keyboard with both Red and Brown side by side.
I like the responsiveness that I've felt with the Red, but the Browns seems a little less noisy, not that Red are that noisy, compared to Blue.

I saw the G710 at the store, but they only had it with Blues :-(
I'm currently using a standard office HP, its fine, but, lol, would like a mechanic. Just it needs to fit my hand position in hight, as I've tried high keyboards and they make my wrists soar after long continues use.
A wrist rest would solve that, but if I use 150-190 USB on a keyboard I would expect it to come with wrist rest, depending on the hight of the keys or maybe just a general thing.

Yes, Brown is quieter than Blue.

Have you looked at how the switches work? That'll tell you a lot about what you feel.

Back