• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair vengance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

david2710

Registered
Hey guys i bought some new ram yesterday Corsair vengance 1866 8gb but for some reason when i get into windows i seem to be getting crashes every now and then and in games aswell sometimes. voltages are ok any ideas?

ty

What voltages are OK? And assuming rated timings of 9-10-9-24 at 1.5V, what are the current settings at DDR3-1866? And have you tried enabling Extreme Memory Profile X.M.P [ Profile 1 ]?

ive just put it to 1600MHz runs fine it runs on 1866 when the pc is idle but when i try to install a game or play a game it crashes i can play when i declock it to 1600 but it will start up at 1866 but wont do much without crashing

9-10-9-27 1.5v is was on at 1866 then i tried 9-10-9-24 and it still does the same so wtf is it?

whats correct voltage for 1866 and whats correct timing should it be 1.65v not 1.5? dunno but tell me something to stop it crashing.

Hard to say much about what is causing the crashing with little to information in order to decide what is really wrong. Not even the ram part number is furnished.

Capture just the individual CPUz of your ram and not a whole screen and post up. Then we can tell what the actual manufacturer settings are programmed into the ram.

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Okay did a little more checking and looking at Corsair website and their forums.

1. You ask something about 1.65V on ram. That is not the old Dominator ram and is not rated at 1.65V at all. You might be able to run it at that voltage without harm but I think I would hold the ram voltage to no more than 1.55V. In fact we often set 1.5V ram to 1.55V for more stability and so far over the last 18 months have seen no problems what so ever, with so doing. You might set your ram to 1.55V for a little added hedge against instability.

2. I notice that your CPUz capture shows tRC as greyed-out and not showing anything. Well there should be a setting for that in bios but some mobo makers leave that out of the bios altogether or make it too low of a setting for you to choose. The SPD of your ram says that tRC should be 48 and the more ram or the greater the density of the sticks (large ram amount on a stick)...the greater that tRC should be and generally the larger the number will be a little more performance oriented.

3. Now I cannot see what settings are 'really' available in your bios. I do not have that board, but I read in another forum that someone made it work by maually adjusting those values:

9-10-9-27
Command Mode 2 = Command Rate
Row Cycle Time 48 = tRC
READ to PRE Time 7
RAS# to RAS# Delay 7
WRITE to READ Delay 7
WRITE Recovery Time 14 DRAM Clock
FOUR ACT WIN Time 36
REF Cycle Time 160ns = same as tRFC

Especially the Row Cycle Time (tRC) seems to have a big effect on sticks that are large in ram amount.

I would see how closely I can make my bios match that set of timings. Probably will bring about greater stable running.

Boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive, and check the RAM for stability. And w/ XMP set to Profile #1 and the System Memory Multiplier set to 18.66 at a 100 BCLK = DDR3-1866, games are still crashing? And by "crashing", are you receiving a BSOD, lockup, reboot, etc... what exactly? And if a BSOD, what's the exact error message? And which OS are you running?

what happens now is i can get onto windows and stuff but when i play a game after 4-5 mins it just locks up and sometimes it will just lockup on the desktop aswell

Why do you have the DRAM voltage set to 1.64V, when the modules are rated at only 1.5V? And why have you upped DRAM VRef. and DRAM Term. voltages to .82V? Try adjusting QPI/VTT voltage from 1.05 to 1.15V, lower the DRAM voltage back to 1.5V, and set VRef and VTerm. back to Auto.

what can i do to fix this it wont even run at 1600Mhz now it will only run at 1333

Load optimized defaults in the BIOS and start over. Only change XMP to Profile1 = DDR3-1866, and nothing else except those settings required for a successful boot. Next boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive like I suggested above in post #10.

okay done that im just gunna try running a game 1st because it usally crashes on them ive just done memory diganostic and that didnt go well crashed at 22% so ill try this game and let u know

nah i didnt install that yet dunno how do install it to usb stick wanna explain?

Back