• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonjon69691

Hey all...

I have a Corsair Vengeance PRO 1866Mhz (2x8GB) Memory Kit [9-10-9-27-2N 1.50v] at clock speed, but, want to OC them to 2133Mhz. My issue is, what would be the 'correct' timings for them? They sit on my ASUS A88X-PRO MoBo and currently use an A10-6800K 4.1Ghz APU/CPU.

This Memory Kit is meant to be OC'd, so, obviously, 'I want to OC them'. Besides, faster Memory means better performance overall on my rig. And the MoBo I use is compatible with my APU/CPU and Memory. They are 'all' meant to be OC'd.

Any takers? Anyone have this same memory OC'd on their rig? Can someone point me in the right direction? Greatly appreciated! Thank you kindly.

Jon N.

Try adding .05v and see if it works at the same speeds. Otherwise raise the first three by one and see if it's stable. That said, you will only see notable gains if you are using the integrated gpu anyway in most cases.

I would start from checking what IC you have there as Corsair is using every available IC for Vengeance kits so you can find there also Microns and Nanya that are almost not overclocking.
Check what rev. you have on the label and compare to this thread:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=68811

Microns were in last kits that I saw so if you have one of these then try 2133 9-10-10, 10-10-10, 10-11-11, 11-11-11 at 1.60V or 1.65V and if it won't work then up to 1.7V. If you make it stable then try to tighten timings or lower voltage.
You can try these settings also for all other IC. Hynix will probably run at CL10/11 while Samsung at CL9. I have no idea what about Nanya or something else as I only saw results in the web.

Back