• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair VS 650 vs XFX Pro Series 550 vs Coolermaster GX 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As was said earlier (post #6)... age. May just be spent... or it may be something else...

But a quality 550W PSU is fine. If you want more, get it. We led the horse to water... its your choice to drink its sweetness or pay more for your own peace of mind.

I guess age has made it marginally unable to run the 770 while it can run the 6950 fine.
I will do a power supply swap with that other 750w psu to make sure it is not the system that causes the problem. I will let you know what happened and how the new psu will run when/if I get it.

Thank you.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the system freezes at the bios screen(when you can press delete to enter BIOS), where the GPU can't be anywhere near full load. The 6950 at full load definitely consumes more than the 770 during startup. Maybe it's not the psu after all..

Just thought I should post my first impressions of the new PSU (XFX Pro Series 550w)

Very quiet even at full load and hot days and looks effing BADASS(goes very well with the gigabyte gtx 770 looking from the side window). I think it also enabled me to OC the i5 3570k at a stable 4.5 ghz(that might also have been the bios update).

Overall extremely satisfied with the purchase. I'm glad you convinced me to not go for the vs 650. I had doubts until the very end, but the XFX was a great choice and a much more quality unit overall.

Back