• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS3 Memory Defaults to 1066

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knight1fox3

Registered
Greetings!

Long time lurker of this good forum and decided to finally join up. I've got a memory issue with a new build I have that is using an Intel mobo and a set of Corsair XMS3 memory (4 x 8GB). The mother board is a BOXDH67BLB3 and the memory model is CMX8GX3M2A1333C9. When I enter the BIOS to change the memory config, I change the setting from "auto" to "manual". But on the speed selection, DDR3-1066 is the only option. Am I missing something here? Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. And the Intel documentation isn't to most helpful either. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

After highlighting the DRAM frequency option, I assume you've tried using the + / - keys on the KeyPad to scroll through the available options?

If using the Up / Down arrow keys doesn't work either, see if you can take a pic. of the BIOS screen w/ the DRAM frequency option highlighted, and post it in this thread.

Last edited:
Here are a couple screen shots. The first shows a summary of the proposed, active and default settings. Odd that the proposed and default for the memory freq. is 1333 yet the active 1067. The second is the memory config screen showing only 1067 as being an option. Any additional thoughts?

img20120720070629.jpg

img20120720070654.jpg

EDIT: let me know if I should make the pics bigger

Under Memory Overrides--> Memory Configuration, what are the options if any besides Automatic and Manual? Just highlight the Memory Config. option, and use the + / - keys on the KeyPad to scroll through the available options.

Under Memory Overrides--> Memory Configuration, what are the options if any besides Automatic and Manual? Just highlight the Memory Config. option, and use the + / - keys on the KeyPad to scroll through the available options.
Just auto and manual. And things get weird when I leave the config in manual. + / - just toggles between auto and manual. In auto all the options below are grayed out. Just a very strange setup. Never came across this before, but then again, this a friend's PC. I don't use Intel boards. LOL

Back