• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmos S single loop (for now) build log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thumbs up!:thup:on that silver tubing very good job, I'm also very happy with mine, just plain distilled water and silver tubing (simple, no mess).

Hey, here's mine. I found it pretty hard to find space for the reservoir and pump actually. THere are no bubbles with my system... when I ran my loop initially i had the system on its side and the reservoir was the highest thing vertically. Once the bubbles were all out, i put the res where you see it now and it runs fine.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=563130

I followed the guide here. But still ended up with this after only 55 days. :shakes:

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

I used a 100% copper loop to eliminate the concern of corrosion. I also used Tygon "anti-microbial" tubing and 3 drops of "PT_Nuke" to eliminate the concern for microbial growth....what did I screw up? :shrug:

My preference for a WC liquid is a little contrary to popular opinion but it's never failed me:

1 gal. distilled water
5 drops Betadyne or equiv. (10 drops for standard 1st aid iodine)
use as directed x2 - algaecide from aquarium shop
shake well before using

I've never seen this mix allow growth of any type ...

i still need to clean my loop out, and now that i have some pt nuke i plan to use 20 drops or so. i woul dup the pt nuke for your next fill.

Nice setup, could you try to describe the noise the pump makes ?
I am thinking about going back to water but only if it's not more noisy than my current gaming rig.

Kuroimaho, the MCP350 and MCP355 pumps make virtually no noise at all if placed inside a standard case and mounted with a cushioned pad. If your ears are particularly sensitive and you've got super quiet fans (like Scythe "D"s) then you might pick up a very faint hum if your HDD's aren't running. If your fans are any louder than a Scythe D then you'll never hear it ...

Thanks for the info, I looked it up but and figured it is pointless to check it out in the store because it would be too silent compared to the background noise.
So far this is the best info I got. With the fastest fan being a slipstream 800RPM, I guess my velociraptor is the most noisy part of the system.
Sorry for the hijack.

Back