• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Core Control Manual or Auto

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wawo Johan45 nice rig man . Do you know where i can get the type of ram you have since you have the same board it will be a lot easy for me to purchase my ram memory an other hardware for this motherboard? That way i won't run into any compatibility issues .

That depends on where you are from and where you shop. Mine came from Canada Computers.
This is the Gskill part # F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR

Well am currently in the US Virgin Island is an island in the caribbean very close to puerto rico. United State territory so most likely is the same postal service used in the united states.

If you have a Us Postal number then you may be able to order from New Egg in CA.

I have these two kits and I run the DDR1866 kit most of the time. I use it since I am able to match it with a G Skill kit of DDR1600 at DDR1900 and use 16gigs. I have n0 issue whatsoever with the DDR2133 ram but as stated I have my reasons for running the DDR1866 most of the time. I notice a good bit of difference moving from DDR1600 to DDR1866 but not nearly a much moving upward to DDR2133. YMMV.
RGone...

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231550

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C9D-8GAB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231554

RGone thanks man for the help you provided with the list of MOBO . Now one question does it really matter which PC3 17000 to install on the Asus Sabertooth R2.0 or does it have to mach the MOBO default spec's such as Memory: 4x DDR3-1866/1600/1333/1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, ECC/Non-ECC, Un-buffered, Max Capacity of 32GB? The reason i ask is because i don't see anywhere in the motherboard features the type of PC3 it holds . Am i kind of new to building computer please be patient with me. lol

Ya what he said. :screwy:
EDIT this was for RGone but I'm a slow typer

Any DDR3 will fit the board. Get an 2x4 gig dual channel set 8 gig is plenty and will work better than getting 4 sticks.

Got it DDR3 thanks again Johan 45 . Bad news from newegg.com for some reason they don't seem to have the island i live on listed. So that means i have to look at amazon or ebay to purchase these ram . Most people tell me try no to order many stuff from ebay most of the time the rams or used when in the description it was listed as NEW . Be caution when ordering now . Everyone purchase from newegg.com an i so want an account with them . But if they could just list the island i live on it would be so great.

I will do that ,am asking Newegg to see why they haven't listed the island i live on when they listed puerto rico as an available address . Something that i don't understand because we are united state territory an puerto rico is not . But oh well i guest i will have to look in real good at amazon an google it or search for the item on newegg an purchase it on amazon. A simple copy an paste might do it .

Good luck in your acquisitions and ya cut and paste just make sure it's the part# and you'll have no issues.

Back