• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu core temperature readings problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi people, so i came home today and checked the heatsink and it seems that everything is fine it was placed nicely and the Thermal compound was spreaded evenly, so i decided to chance the cpu with the 5600 i mentioned. And these are the results i got with that one.

Prime testing for 10 minutes:

It was stable on 69 sometimes spiked to 70 but went back down, as you can see it went up to 72 but that was before i used this desk fan that i have to make some case ventilation.
If you people think that this is acceptable i will leave it as it is and go buy 2 case fans. :)

ab32ig.jpg

These are the idle temps i'm getting:

2ep2534.jpg

Tell me what you think, isnt it a bit strange that the core reading are so much lower than the cpu one now? xd

Cheers

Looking close at the min motherboard temps and jump upward under load and the cpu core and cpu temps both pretty low and then jump upward under load, I would say you have a 'dinky' cpu hsf assembly and little case air-flow.

I know would get a better cpu cooler and get some case air-flow. But that is me and what I actually did when having the numbers you have right now. Did it back when I had similar setup to yours years ago.

What you will do is simply up to you. You did not even know temps might be an issue to begin with as I think I remember you saying so back in one of your first posts. Probably been running hotter than I prefer and has done so for a good while.

Looking close at the min motherboard temps and jump upward under load and the cpu core and cpu temps both pretty low and then jump upward under load, I would say you have a 'dinky' cpu hsf assembly and little case air-flow.

I know would get a better cpu cooler and get some case air-flow. But that is me and what I actually did when having the numbers you have right now. Did it back when I had similar setup to yours years ago.

What you will do is simply up to you. You did not even know temps might be an issue to begin with as I think I remember you saying so back in one of your first posts. Probably been running hotter than I prefer and has done so for a good while.

^^ This. Get alot of cheap 40mm fans (I once got a 4 pack for 6 dollars :O good quality too) Make sure they're not too noisy either. Then set them up with best airflow in mind. Remember hot air likes to chill up. So its nice to have air circulating from your CPU to the top of your case (hoping that you have a grill on the top)

Thanks for the reply i will leave it as it is get 2x 80 or 120mm fans and see how it goes from there.

^^ This. Get alot of cheap 40mm fans (I once got a 4 pack for 6 dollars :O good quality too) Make sure they're not too noisy either. Then set them up with best airflow in mind. Remember hot air likes to chill up. So its nice to have air circulating from your CPU to the top of your case (hoping that you have a grill on the top)

Thanks , yea i got a grill top back and bottom front for intake.

Well people thanks again for the great support :), i will hang around here and definitely say a good word or two about you to my friends whenever a chance apears to do so ;)

its no problem at all! It's an OC forum everyone helps everyone :D!

I found a really good 120mm fan really cheap too on promo now $5 each.
Puts out 75CFM at 30dB plus the fancy blue LED's not too shabby.

PS: To forum mods not sure if putting links out like that is advertising :/ if it is let me know ill pull it down.

^------ I agree. +1 to that.

I would pick up a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus. They're cheap and work excellent. And pick up a tube of Arctic Cooling MX-4. It's just as good if not better than AS5 yet is not as thick so it's easier to spread, requires no "cure" time, and isn't electrically conductive.

Back