• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU is kinda weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hqbreaker

Temperatures are in Celsius.

ok so I use Core temp to watch my CPU's temperature. Normally its in the single digits when i'm idling or even doing something with firefox. But it randomly rises, going up to lower 30s (rarely) then drops back down. installing/Uninstalling is the same in some way. it will hit mid 40s and go back down to lower to mid 20s. As for gaming it will go up to mid 40s or lower 30s (depending on game) and drop back down to maybe upper 20s.

Is this normal? :confused: I don't overclock and I have a APU 3.00 quad core.

I don't think it was like this before. . . .the computer is about 2 weeks old. Right now its standing at 5.

I know AMD FX series report erroneous temps when below a certain value (or at least that seems to be the theory) but I don't know about their APUs. Do a quick search on FX and temps and you'll see a lot of us with that same problem. Mine reports as single digits as well when idle but in 40's under load. Think about it though...your room is likely low 20's C and it's impossible to get sub-ambient temps without a special cooling system (peltier, phase change, LN2, etc) So your temps are likely just above ambient normally and when it reaches that "magical" number where it will report true temps, the temps shown jump drastically.

Try using HWmonitor instead. I've always gotten more accurate readings from that. Report back with what it tells you.

Back