• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU-NB FID ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fredick

Hello All ,

I find an option that called

"CPU-NB FID"
it's aroud 800MHz - 2000MHz
default is 1600Mhz

so the question If I set it to 2000MHz , Could i gained better performance ?
and Is there any risks do that ?

Pliss help me ..,
I really appreciate for your helps

Hello All ,

I find an option that called

"CPU-NB FID"
it's aroud 800MHz - 2000MHz
default is 1600Mhz

so the question If I set it to 2000MHz , Could i gained better performance ?
and Is there any risks do that ?

Pliss help me ..,
I really appreciate for your helps

The higher the better on this setting...any risks? yes, instability. At some point the CPU just wont do it. I'd try for 2000...see what happens. :D

The higher the better on this setting...any risks? yes, instability. At some point the CPU just wont do it. I'd try for 2000...see what happens. :D

Ehh ?

What do you mean "CPU just wont do it" ?

Ehh ?

What do you mean "CPU just wont do it" ?

The CPU/NB is part of the CPU, not to be confused with the motherboard's NB. The mobo still has a NB, but it is basically a GPU connection "thingy" nowadays. Since the IMC (integrated memory controller) moved onto the CPU the motherboard isn't as important. NB/CPU is physically part of the CPU now...NB is still on the motherboard, but very irrelevant in the larger scheme of things.

Just like overclocking, since the CPU/NB frequency is a part of the actual physical CPU it is subject to the same outcomes....maybe it will go fast, maybe it wont.

If I knew the rest of your system specs I might be able to be more precise...but from what I know...shoot for 2000mhz...it should do that. all that said, the faster you can run the CPU/NB the better...but at the risk of instability, just like a CPU.

The CPU/NB is part of the CPU, not to be confused with the motherboard's NB. The mobo still has a NB, but it is basically a GPU connection "thingy" nowadays. Since the IMC (integrated memory controller) moved onto the CPU the motherboard isn't as important. NB/CPU is physically part of the CPU now...NB is still on the motherboard, but very irrelevant in the larger scheme of things.

Just like overclocking, since the CPU/NB frequency is a part of the actual physical CPU it is subject to the same outcomes....maybe it will go fast, maybe it wont.

If I knew the rest of your system specs I might be able to be more precise...but from what I know...shoot for 2000mhz...it should do that. all that said, the faster you can run the CPU/NB the better...but at the risk of instability, just like a CPU.

Okayy thankss !!

I get it

and I would like ask something
Higher it to 2000mhz also cut the CPU/mobo lifespan ?

It should, in theory, only cut the lifespan if you overvolt the processor to get to 2000mhz. If you don't, then it is similar to overclocking on stock volts.

Okayy thankss !!

I get it

and I would like ask something
Higher it to 2000mhz also cut the CPU/mobo lifespan ?

Please don't take offense but "Increase" or "Raise" would be better English. I admire people who can communicate in multiple languages. I wish I could.

It should, in theory, only cut the lifespan if you overvolt the processor to get to 2000mhz. If you don't, then it is similar to overclocking on stock volts.

"It should, in theory"
Did it really do In real ? :chair:

Depending on OC he should be able to hit 2600 on NB-FID its the HT-Link that he would try to keep around 2000 but may have to drop to 1800 if unstable at 2000. But you have to watch your volts closely as you go pushing higher don't just pour it on with the NB-VID. Looking at your 3.42 its also going to depend on what your FSB is at also.

Under CPU-Z under the memory tab what are you reading here? According to Dolks guide at 3.4 you should be shooting for 2200.
cpuidnbfreq.jpg

Yess

That's I mean I run at 2000 Mhz

edit :

I don't change the neither FSB nor RAM
it's all at default clock

Attachments

• New Picture (3).jpg
    New Picture (3).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,938
Please upload a pic of the CPU tab in CPU-z.

+1 I thought I read in his sig that he was running at 3.4ghz on the cpu which would mean he was running the FSB at 235mhz. but now I don't see that in the sig line. Maybe I got it mixed up with something else.

First I'very sorry

that's my mistake still use that 3.4

I increased the NB fid to 2000 MHz at default clock speed

Attachments

• New Picture (4).jpg
    New Picture (4).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,965
Okay

I get it stable until now
test with heavy application for hours

wow lol
just test the benchmark
It inreased about 600Mhz mem read ~ 1200Mhz mem write :soda:
and latency down by 3 ns :soda:

Okay

I get it stable until now
test with heavy application for hours

wow lol
just test the benchmark
It inreased about 600Mhz mem read ~ 1200Mhz mem write :soda:
and latency down by 3 ns :soda:
As you've just found out, the cpuNB is very important to RAM performance.

Are you going to overclock the CPU? If so you'll need to turn the cpuNB multiplier down before you raise the HTRef (reference clock, CPU frequency). You should also turn down the HT Link multiplier and RAM speed ...

As you've just found out, the cpuNB is very important to RAM performance.

Are you going to overclock the CPU? If so you'll need to turn the cpuNB multiplier down before you raise the HTRef (reference clock, CPU frequency). You should also turn down the HT Link multiplier and RAM speed ...

Yeahh I was done overclocking before
now I only use default , because the cooling isn't enough handle it
except that NB raise it to 2000Mhz
and i see no different in core temperature

yeahh I only can wait until get a good cooling

Back