• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU-NB FID ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can still overclock some you just need to keep your voltages at stock instead of raising them. CPU and cpuNB speed won't increase heat output too much, it's the voltage that makes most of the heat ... ;)

You can still overclock some you just need to keep your voltages at stock instead of raising them. CPU and cpuNB speed won't increase heat output too much, it's the voltage that makes most of the heat ... ;)

Thanks for info :soda:

hehe I'm a bit scared to change the voltage
it's only changed to +3.3% voltage

okayy

I'm using it now

on idle 37º
gaming 45º
full load 57º (prime)

run at default clock

it's sure hot , isn't it ?

57°C is a little hot but not dangerous yet.

You should go into BIOS and lower your vCore (CPU voltage) down to 1.35v. For some reason it's set very high for the CPU speed you have and I'm sure this is causing your heat problem ...

57°C is a little hot but not dangerous yet.

You should go into BIOS and lower your vCore (CPU voltage) down to 1.35v. For some reason it's set very high for the CPU speed you have and I'm sure this is causing your heat problem ...

lower it ?

how ?
i can't find any option lower it / it doesn't allow me lower vCore

This is the most confusing string I have ever read. Fredick, between your posts you make changes in settings and then don't report it and so we are operating on old information.

Last edited:
You only option on this board is to check to see if the CPU VTT option is set to "Auto" and try some of the manual settings. This option in bios will establish the maximum voltage your CPU will be allowed to reach during load. Set it to something lower than what is currently being reported, i.e., 1.425. You don't need it to be that high with your current CPU speed and it is causing unnecessary heat. Could you try that for us?

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
You only option on this board is to check to see if the CPU VTT option is set to "Auto" and try some of the manual settings. This option in bios will establish the maximum voltage your CPU will be allowed to reach during load. Set it to something lower than what is currently being reported, i.e., 1.425. You don't need it to be that high with your current CPU speed and it is causing unnecessary heat. Could you try that for us?

Yes I had been tried that

This Bios Cpu voltage only give 2 option : Default or +3.3%
and It can't decreased voltage like yours :(

how about this ?

Attachments

• New Picture.JPG
    New Picture.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 849
  • New Picture (1).JPG
    New Picture (1).JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 846
  • 04cachemem12.5x232.JPG
    04cachemem12.5x232.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 844
which one do you think better ?

Attachments

• New Picture (3).JPG
    New Picture (3).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 284
  • New Picture (4).JPG
    New Picture (4).JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 13.5x253.JPG
    13.5x253.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 282
Fredick,

Your settings look just fine in post #31 except for the CPUNB. Probably too high. I would set it back to no more than 2400. Of course, I don't know what your load temps are at that CPU speed. Is that why you say you "almost killed the system"?

It must be the language barrier. :(

What were your load core temps in post #31 ...?

Fredick,

Your settings look just fine in post #31 except for the CPUNB. Probably too high. I would set it back to no more than 2400. Of course, I don't know what your load temps are at that CPU speed. Is that why you say you "almost killed the system"?

Okay let's say 244 x 14 or 253 x 13.5 IT is same, isn't it ?
like what my threat before Trents help me a lot
I said my cpu only hit 52º, didn't i ? that was my mistake :chair:
That's only 52º if "open case" , when close it back It sure hit 59º to 60º
I didn't know if that would make different.

and "almost killed the system" ? yes it is
recently when test full load with 253 x 13.5 it reached 65º and suddenly shutdown.... Oh boy anything wrong ?
I turn on but there's no POST or anything ?

what kind I made that messed this up..,
I give up... wait for an hours test it again and.,,,, It can POST again
hmm... I get it, maybe overheat cause this problem,
double check it again, reapply new thermal compund, that sure help
the guy in that store cheat me, said this "good"
what good ? It's S***
So poor I'm :(

Okay let's say 244 x 14 or 253 x 13.5 IT is same, isn't it ?
like what my threat before Trents help me a lot
I said my cpu only hit 52º, didn't i ? that was my mistake :chair:
That's only 52º if "open case" , when close it back It sure hit 59º to 60º
I didn't know if that would make different.

and "almost killed the system" ? yes it is
recently when test full load with 253 x 13.5 it reached 65º and suddenly shutdown.... Oh boy anything wrong ?
I turn on but there's no POST or anything ?

what kind I made that messed this up..,
I give up... wait for an hours test it again and.,,,, It can POST again
hmm... I get it, maybe overheat cause this problem,
double check it again, reapply new thermal compund, that sure help
the guy in that store cheat me, said this "good"
what good ? It's S***
So poor I'm :(

Your temps went up when you put the case side back on because you don't have good enough air flow inside your case. The heat is not being removed from the case and is building up inside. The CPU cooling fan has nothing but hot air to try to cool the heatsink with. Without knowing it, you ran the test for checking that problem. How many cooling fans are mounted in your case? Are your wires and cables tucked out of the way so as not to obstruct air flow from bottom front of case toward top rear?

Your motherboard and your CPU both have thermal shutdown technologies built in so that when you exceed a certain temperature the system shuts itself down to try and prevent damage. Fortunately, it worked for you. You must get better cooling if you are going to overclock . . . or, move to a colder climate.

Did you ever get new thermal paste?

Your temps went up when you put the case side back on because you don't have good enough air flow inside your case. The heat is not being removed from the case and is building up inside. The CPU cooling fan has nothing but hot air to try to cool the heatsink with. Without knowing it, you ran the test for checking that problem. How many cooling fans are mounted in your case? Are your wires and cables tucked out of the way so as not to obstruct air flow from bottom front of case toward top rear?

Your motherboard and your CPU both have thermal shutdown technologies built in so that when you exceed a certain temperature the system shuts itself down to try and prevent damage. Fortunately, it worked for you. You must get better cooling if you are going to overclock . . . or, move to a colder climate.

Did you ever get new thermal paste?

how many ?
I have 4 fans each for cpu , gpu , psu and rear case

I'm endeed get both of them,
the heatsink less than $10, not even better than stock
about the thermal paste ? I only get a cheap one, neither zalman nor artic silver, preety bad here :chair:

I'm talking only about case fans now. One fan in the rear of the case isn't getting the job done apparently. Is there a place in the front of the case for another fan? If not another options would be to get a more powerful fan for the rear, but it wold make more noise if that's an issue for you.

Sounds like the retail purchasing options where you live locally are not abundant. Can you order things online and have them shipped to you? Is that terribly expensive?

I'm talking only about case fans now. One fan in the rear of the case isn't getting the job done apparently. Is there a place in the front of the case for another fan? If not another options would be to get a more powerful fan for the rear, but it wold make more noise if that's an issue for you.

Sounds like the retail purchasing options where you live locally are not abundant. Can you order things online and have them shipped to you? Is that terribly expensive?

Okay, I will
expensive ? I don't care about money as long as I can get it
Unfortunately I never order online before, I should try it now :)

Back