• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU no longer OC's... :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtf2

Registered
I've got a P4 3.0C that I was able to run at 3.75 default voltage or 1.6. I was running it on an ASRock P4S51 but this was just to see what it could OC to because my Intel board dosn't OC. After finding out what it could do I purchased an Asus P4P800-SE. I tested it again at 3.6 and 3.75 at 1.6-1.675 voltage. I then set it back to 3.0 and have been running it at stock speed since I got the board. I went to OC it today get it running at 3.7 and it won't go. I can't get this chip past 3.3 anymore. It won't even post no matter what voltage I give it. I havent tried past 1.65 not really willing to push futher because its not posting above 3.3. Tried relaxing the memory timings with no luck. Any ideas wo what could have happend?

I very much doubt hes got GNDS. Can you try the CPU in the other motherboard again just to check the CPU is ok?

Could you tell us more about your system like ram for example. I don't know much about the asus board you have but im sure its not the CPU. There should be some enhancmence for the ram in the bios called PAT and you can disable those, but not knowing the board, I can't tell you where they might be. If your ram is not that fast you will need a to use the divider ratio 5:4 (333 or something on that board).

Im using Samsung 512mb 3200 ram. I'll try this chip today again in the ASRock P4S61 as it worked at 3.75 in that board. Also Im using the stock intel heatsink (all copper bottom) with artic silver. The ASUS probe monitor is telling me in XP my idel temp is 28-30c.
Here are my system specs:

P4 3.0C
ASUS P4P800-SE
Samsung 512mb 3200
MSI 5600FX 128mb
WD 40gb 8mb HD

3.3 on a 3.0c is 225~ fsb, which would prob be the limit of your ram. Try using the dividers, ratio 5:4 is what you need, its called something like 333 on the asus board i think. :)

Back