• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Ratio doesnt stick through restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XCeleratedPC

Registered
So I have been oc'ing my new 3770k in a sabertooth mobo and I have tried everything I can think of to get it to stay at the 47 ratio setting and it is fine at it if I change it in AI Suite it is stable everything is good but as soon as I restart it loses the setting. So I went to bios set it manually there then disabled turbo ratio and set max ratio to 47 set ratio to 47 and everytime I restart it's back to 45. Everything else stays Voltage vll all that. Don't know what im missing....

It does in fact have some factory settings but the settings stick in the bios but when I bott to windows its only running at 45 ratio not 47. But if I reboot it is right in bios. Speed step off turbo off everything manual.

Do you have Stepping enabled under CPU Settings?

Stepping will reduce the ratio when there is no load on the CPU.. Check that.

So I returned everything to default settings in bios uninstalled AI Suite and attempted to set oc through bios only. Still stuck at 4.5 GHZ and now know way to bump that at all by ratio since the only way I could get it above that before was through the ai suite software in windows. Can't really understand when everything in bios is set at 47 ratio why it keeps coming up with 4.5 speed step is off turbo is off and even the bios says that I am set to be running at 4.7 something it says in mhz and its like 4752 Mhz or something like that cause bclk is 100.3 not exactly 4.7 anyway. Don't know if anyone has any other thigns to try guess I'll be stuck at 4.5 until it decides to let me go past it. Iono.

Whats the Bios on that Board as it say's in this thread that certain Bios can cause the CPU to down clock on that Mobo!!! The Fix for this is the 1504 Bios which allows some Sabertooth Owners to Overclock there set up properly in the Bios. I would ask you too read the 2 pages about this problem with your board. And see if the Fix Works for you as well. AJ. ;) :shrug:

1, http://www.overclock.net/t/1332078/motherboard-not-overclocking-cpu-asus-z77-sabertooth/10

Please read carefully the page as there is also a link to the 1504 Bios as well! :shrug:

P.S. Its worth a try if by chance it does not work no worry you can alway's go back to a latter Bios, Also "DON'T FORGET PUT EVERYTHING BACK TO STOCK SETTINGS BEFORE YOU FLASH THE BIOS"!!!!!!

Last edited:
That seemed to fix it downgrading bios. Got her up to 4.7 so pretty happy with that for now. May push for 5 at some point. Want to get voltage dialed in first. Thanks Ajay

Back