• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crack in EK-FC Titan waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Youp

Hello

I was cleaning my waterblock and when I screwed it back together the plexi cracked. Can I still use it?
(Sorry for the bad english, I am Dutch :))

Last edited:
Welcome!!!

Pictures would be helpful...what block it is, etc... but I wouldn't risk it almost regardless.

I've fixed a lot of cracks in similar materials with just crazy glue (cyanoacrylate) That's how I got my dewar to stop leaking and it has pressure behind it. I think it's worth a try just do a dry run with the block out of your case just in case it does leak. It takes all of 10 minutes and could save you some $$

image-2015-10-15.jpg
This is what it looks like.
It is small but i dont want to risk damaging my computer.

Does the crack reach the inlet/outlet channels?

I think it's still worth testing. A spot of crazy glue over that crack will seal it up that I'm pretty certain of. Just test it outside the case for a few hours. You could contact EK, you may be able to get a replacement fairly reasonable , just the top part I mean not the whole block. I'm pretty sure there's an EK rep that visits the site. Maybe you should change your title and add that it's an EK block

Hello

I was cleaning my waterblock and when I screwed it back together the plexi cracked. Can I still use it?
(Sorry for the bad english, I am Dutch :))

View attachment 169904
This is what it looks like.
It is small but i dont want to risk damaging my computer.

I had the same kind of crack with another block in the past and trust me it will most likely leak. :(

You can open a ticket here : EK Support and explain what happened and include the picture in the ticket. They should be able to sell you a replacement top for it.

I had the same kind of crack with another block in the past and trust me it will most likely leak. :(

You can open a ticket here : EK Support and explain what happened and include the picture in the ticket. They should be able to sell you a replacement top for it.

Hi
I will try that.
Thanks for the help! :)

Back