• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy temp readings !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dem0lish3r

Hey there

My girlfriends dad got a new pc, and so to check if everything is in order and running like it should , i took a look in the bios. All seemed well, until i saw the CPU temp was 68c. The chip is a AM2 Sempy Le-1150 or something (runs at 1.9Ghz). Board is some crappy ECS lower end mobo, a NV-7200 GS, 2x1Gb ddr 2 800.

I got everest and core temp to see what they tell me.

Core Temp said the chip was at 24c. Now thats some crazy temp differences.
Everest has the CPU and CPU Diode readings. Now on my system, the Cpu is always like 4-6c colder than CPU Diode. But on her dads pc the CPU was the same as Core Temp (24/25) and CPU Diode was same as Bios (68-70)

Sorry there is no screeny, will try and get one.

Its not locking up or anything, but the PSU blows some really hot air out the back.

But what do u guys think?

Thanks in advance

Being that your Sempron is Brisbane-based I would imagine that it shares the defective on-core temperature sensor with the X2 Brisbanes whereby temps are 10-15C too low. This would explain your near ambient temps as read by CoreTemp and Everest Core readings.

The Board/Bios readings on the other hand seem to be way off and I would imagine that you would need a bios update to fix that.

If your chip was actually running at 70C, then your CoreTemp readings would be around 50-55C.

Thanks.

Thing is it was bought at a screwed up place here in south-africa, "Computer Corp". the name sounds evil, yes. And if u just look at the case in the wrong way, its warranty void. The idiots prolly didn't put the cooler on right or something.

I do think its a bios thing, cos post screen reads the CPU as "AMD unknown model". thats whats giving the wrong temps too i think.

airflow if pretty crap tho, but its their fault they sell pc's with only one 8cm fan

Back