• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Create CD-ROM disc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ascii2

Anyone know how CD-ROMs with predetermined data are created? If so How?

I would like to know if I can have my own CD-ROM discs wth data that I precompile.

I'm not sure what you mean by predetermined data. Isn't all data "precompiled"? It sounds like just writing a CD-R.

beta_mouse said:
I'm not sure what you mean by predetermined data...It sounds like just writing a CD-R.
What I refer to "predetermined data" data the data determided beforehand.

I believe you have the right idea. However I want to have the media be CD-ROM. I was thinking that I may need equipment that I do not have to acomplish the task.

If the CD-ROM data must be written on the physical creation of the CD-ROM disc, so be it.

Ascii2 said:
No. I am refering to CD-ROM media (the media with the physical ""bumps" (refering to the article)).

Err..there's no visually discernable difference between a CD-R and a CD-ROM, except the color. Just because they have bumps doesn't necessarily mean they last longer. And besides I don't think you can afford or even buy CD stampers for personal use.

Back