• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Credit Card verifiy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

If i want to buy something for a friend on newegg and have it shipped to his house. but the card is in my name

newegg says it has to verify the adress through my company

how long will this take?

will it be faster just to send a chekc?

i think waiting would be better cause sending a check takes forever.......it has 2 get there then they have 2 verify it

Zatrix said:
If i want to buy something for a friend on newegg and have it shipped to his house. but the card is in my name

newegg says it has to verify the adress through my company

how long will this take?

will it be faster just to send a chekc?

This depends. It could take as little as a day, but often times you will find that such a transaction will significantly delay the shipment of products. But try to take this from Newegg's end of things: How suspicious does it look for someone to ship a product to one address and bill it to a completely separate one? All major retailers require additional time to process such orders in an effort to protect their customers.

With this in mind, the absolute fastest way to complete an online transaction would be to ship the goods to your residence and them deliver them to your friendly personally. This way, the retailers willl get off of your back, and you'll recieve the goods in a reasonable amount of time.

deception``

couldn't i just call my credit card company and tell them that NEWEGG will be calling for such and such an order so when newegg calls to verify the order the CC company will say "yes mr. blank confirmed the order already"

I've done this many a times. Buying something for a friend or family member and having it shipped directly to them instead to you. All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that this is a one time purchase, and they'll ask you for the address and neewegg's info, and you're done!

Kid Payne said:
I've done this many a times. Buying something for a friend or family member and having it shipped directly to them instead to you. All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that this is a one time purchase, and they'll ask you for the address and neewegg's info, and you're done!

What he said.

I have stuff shipped to my work address all the time, with NEWEGG make sure you call your Credit card company and tell them you'd like to add a verified shipping address before you place your newegg order. Also make sure you list your credit card companies phone number(on back of card) with your credit card information.

The verification process won't add much time to your order, at most it takes a day, but I usually see stuff I ordered in the morning ship the same day.

Back