• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair III Formula OC Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slydog18

Hi there,

Not sure if i am asking in the right place but would like advise on my bios settings to OC my Crosshair Formula III.

I am running:-
BFG EX1200 PSU,
965 BE 125w 'CE' with Scythe Mugen,
4gb (2 x 2gb) Dual Channel G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (CL7-8-7-24 1.6V),
Spinpoint F3 1tb HD,
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have had this system set for a while @ a ratio of 18 in the bios and manually set the RAM to 1600 @ 1.6V and not really had any probs. I am aware that the less settings that are on Auto the better performance i can get out of the system.
I know that RAM was designed for intel profiles and have not messed with timings much without just leaving them at CAS8.

I would be grateful for any advise in setting NB's etc. as i am new to all this. My board is running the latest update.

Please explain how to obtain any screenshots you would like and software that i should use. At the mo i have 3Dmark and usuals Asus bundled stuff.
Would also be grateful if i should take any of the Asus stuff off like Smartdoctor or GamerOSD(which i cant seem to get to work as not got any instructions!!).
Maybe your advise would be to leave as is but would like to know.

I play BFBC2 and did have BSOD a couple of time and reduced my ratio after having at 4ghz but no other manual settings!!

Thanks

Back