• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom watercooled build - Need help with fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssashwat

Hello, I am planning to create a hardline build as a first time watercooler (no hate please - I am merely trying to go for the challenge). I am currently facing the issue of finding fittings that would fit 3/8 ID 1/2 OD primochill tubing. I noticed that primochill does not offer 90 degree fittings and I need compression fittings that are close to the dark nickel color provided by primochill's fittings. I am planning to do a bendless watercooling build because I am a big fan of the "lots of fittings" look.

I am also unsure how to do a drain port since I have a dual rad system with one rad in the basement. Do I add a drain valve on the pump?

My parts list so far is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zm3K8K
Let me know if there is anything I can fix.

Keep in mind that I am somewhat of an amateur at watercooling so try and explain your answers in a way that I can understand. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Try here.

2 quick questions.

1. 2x GTX1080's? That's a lot of GPU. Do you really need this or is it just for the epeen? (don't take that the wrong way. It's cool, just overkill for 95%)
2. Why the heat gun if you're doing all straight cuts?

Hope this helps. Post up some picks as you build. I'd love to see how she turns out.

EDIT:

P.S. :welcome: to the forums!

I picked 2 gtx 1080s since im gonna do a lot of video editing/rendering and streaming.

Forgot to take the heatgun of the parts list. I was originally gonna bend the tubes but realized that it was a bit too tedious.

Alright will do. Anyone know how to do the drain valve for my situation?

A few things stick out to me:

1: You can save a buttload of money on the PSU, the EVGA Supernova G2 850 is $130, and is just as capable as the Corsair PSU.
2: I highly recommend different fans. My eLoops are nice, and I've heard good things about Gentle Typhoons and Noctua fans as well.
3: I also recommend LEDs as opposed to CCLs. They last longer, can be brighter and don't require a converter.
4: As others said, for rendering, go for 32GB of RAM (maybe with the money you save on the PSU?).

As far as the drain valve, you'll have to figure that out with your layout. The XT45s have ports on the ends too, so you may be able to run a drain out of there, but again, it depends on your layout.

Back