• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cya later Android!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if its that important, get a USB OTG adaptor, and plug a flash drive in.

But that'd be "confusing" :rolleyes::bang head I'll just stick to devices with SD (or other card) slots. Just too bad for Google that they won't get their cut.

FYI, there's no such thing as an "OTG adapter". OTG is part of the USB host driver, implemented by the phone. Any micro-B<->A-female cable will work.

So i wound up getting the xperia TL, i was considering the one X+ but it was just a little bigger then i was comfortable using. Even then the TL can be clumsy to use in some situations, i really with someone other then apple made a normal sized phone with flagship specs....or if apple would stop killing the jailbreak scene, that would work too

Then you can become an iSheep and fall for all the crap marketing drivel. Win.
Why are you so quick to judge? If the product does what they need it to and they want the device, what is the problem? Why do you feel the need to be an iJerk about it?

To be honest I never understood the appeal of the iphone. I have had occasion to use it and I don't find them at all intuitive. Perhaps because I have been using android since the G1 days, but to me I found the iphone clunky and akward experience. Not the ui but the process (iphones 2, 3 and 4s)

See thats the exact same arguement id id give you about Android UI, its quirky and non-intuitive, heck up until recently it didnt even work smoothly, and you have to admit that no Android device is built as nicely as the iPhone. The only thing that pushed me to Android was the fact that the only mobile OS that I actually loved was WebOS, and that it doesnt exist anymore. iPhone polish with Android flexibility, you couldnt beat it.

you have to admit that no Android device is built as nicely as the iPhone

I'm going to have to completely disagree with that. My definition of "well-built" includes user-serviceable parts, and especially easily replaceable batteries.

My smartphone travels have taken me iPhone to Android and now going back to iPhone. Not because there's anything wrong with Android, but because the type of phone user I am is completely different than the type of computer user I am. I'm a computer enthusiast but phones are simply tools that do something that I want to do. I just want a phone to be small with a good screen and good texting and wifi hotspot functionality. A simple device with a simple UI that works every time without hiccups. The Apple Ecosystem™ fits that bill for me.

Why are you so quick to judge? If the product does what they need it to and they want the device, what is the problem? Why do you feel the need to be an iJerk about it?

Because Apple insists on using proprietary crap instead of industry standards such as having to use third party software to transfer data to and from the device, and using non standard USB cables.

Also the fact that they are grossly overpriced and under-performing compared to the competition. The iPhones are 1 generation behind the latest from the likes of Samsung and HTC.

Because Apple insists on using proprietary crap instead of industry standards such as having to use third party software to transfer data to and from the device, and using non standard USB cables.

Also the fact that they are grossly overpriced and under-performing compared to the competition. The iPhones are 1 generation behind the latest from the likes of Samsung and HTC.
Again, why does that make it ok to be rude to other people, then? I use an Android phone, but I don't go around mocking iPhone users for buying one. I don't even mention I have one unless it comes up in conversation or someone asks me directly. If an Apple user walked up to me and openly made fun of my laptop ("You bought a Thinkpad and it is running Linux? Ew") or phone choice, would I not have the right to get annoyed? I'm sure it is annoying to them to hear it all the time.

If a device works for what they want to use it for, why does it matter to you? I find it amusing that other people get riled up over the fact that other people purchase hardware from a company they don't like.

I'd even argue that certain Android phones are overpriced and under-performing (*cough* Bionic), so (going down the ridiculous path because I can) why aren't you angry that I purchased one? I bought into the hype that it was going to be an amazing phone with frequent updates that was blazing fast. None of that has happened without intervention on my part.

EDIT: I re-read my post and I'd like to clarify that I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm trying to understand your logic and find this conversation interesting.

Last edited:
Back