• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 dual channel q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, as long as you install the two sticks in the same color slots (either slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4).

yea, ok good thanks a lot then. also, i was wondering if it is possible (or atleast with adequate cooling) to lower my timings to CL3 or 2. I would assume id see some boost in performance, but what kind of cooling would that require. would some regular heatspreaders do?

CL2 isn't available yet for DDR2. 3 is as low as you can get. You may be able to get to CAS 3 but you'll need a good 2.0v or higher, and some active cooling. Heatspreaders aren't necessary if you're going with active cooling.

The debate about the usefulness of heatspreaders is large. I won't go into it here.

You can just mount an 80mm fan to blow over the ram itself. I use 2-60mm fans at 5v to do the job but whatever works.

Back