• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 16GB HyperX Fury Kit Running at 1333 instead of 1866.No XMP Profile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karlretardo

Hi,

I have a Pc with a I5 2400 + an Asus H61-M PRO motherboard that says on the box that supports up to 2400Mhz RAM in Overclock mode.

Now I have bought 2 x 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz HyperX Fury Kit

Because the new RAM supports up to 1866Mhz I want to run them at 1866Mhz, instead it runs at the default 1333Mhz.

So I went to the BIOS and just change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to 1600Mhz and 1866Mhz and the computer doest not post at all .

And i cant seem to find any X.M.P profile options in the bios which is y i am really confused.

But because I’m just a newbie in overclock, I have few questions that I appreciate if anyone could help me solve them asap:

I want to make sure that the RAM is running at 1866Mhz. So below I leave some bios images.

do I need to change other settings, like voltage for example? (not familiar with them at the moment)

Thanks!

Attachments

• ai tweaker main.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 767
  • asus main.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 845
  • cpu ratio.BMP
  • in 1.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 779
  • in 3.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 768
  • in last.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 768
  • in2 .BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 769
  • mem frq.BMP
Just manually set the speed, timings, and voltage per the manufacturer specs.
Once you've done that, post a screenshot of the Memory tab in CPUz.

Hi Atminside,
thanks for ur instructions.
but even after changing those values, Pc post n boots as per normal but it remains the same at 1333MHz.
When i change the Memory Frequency, the pc does not post like before.

Have attached pics for ur refrence.

cpuz after 10-11-10.png 10-11-10-32.png voltage 1-500V.png

When you changed the frequency did you also change the timings and voltage per the manufacturer specs?

Can you post a link to the exact memory you bought?

When you've changed the frequency, timings, and voltage can you take screenshots then post them?
Just making sure everything is changed properly.

Most ASUS boards the XMP profile is under CPU overclocking mode right at the top of the tweaker page. You can set auto , manual or XMP for CPU options
What board is that ? H chipset ?

Most ASUS boards the XMP profile is under CPU overclocking mode right at the top of the tweaker page. You can set auto , manual or XMP for CPU options
What board is that ? H chipset ?

Yeah, an H, took this from the first post:
I5 2400 + an Asus H61-M PRO

Totally missed that, thanks ATM
Yeah just looked and no XMP to be found, you're on the right track it's all manual settings

Thanks for all your valuable feedback and time Atminside and Johan.

Yes, When i change the mem freq i do change the voltage and timing values also, the pc doesnt post/boot.
When i change the mem frq and dnt change the timings, the pc also doesnt post/boot.

The Exact ram kit i bought is this --> HyperX Fury DDR3 16gb 1866MHz
This is the DataSheet From the official website.

The Datasheet included in their website states 10-11-10. But it has not worked for me.

Hope im not confusing yall.
Sry if i did/am.

1st pic below is --->
Changed Voltage [1.500V] and frequency to advertised [1866MHz]

2nd pic below is --->
The values i changed according to the Datasheet. [10-11-10] 1866+1500V.png 10-11-10-0.png

*Note - when i dnt change the mem frq and leave it on AUTO and change the voltage and timings.
the Pc post and boots per normal without any change. Still running at 1333MHz.
666MHz per dimm. hope this helps

Last edited:
The two links given go to generic pages, what's the part number you have?

Yes, I have also tried that values.

The only thing I have not tried is resetting cmos but I think that might have very little difference.
If the is no way I guess I have to adjust with it. Or get another mother with which I could OC my cpu too ;)

You won't OC your CPU in any worthwhile amount because it has a locked multiplier.
This is independent of what motherboard you have.

True, but a friend of mine has the same cpu and has only gone up to 3.7 using turbo ratio adjustments.
Saving up for a i7 unlocked skylake.

Thanks for all ur time and advices again.
Appreciate the quick responses.
1 of the best forums I know
Cheers all

Going to 3.7 from 3.4 (which he was lucky to get that far) isn't worth buying a motherboard for.

You'll be very pleased with an unlocked Skylake chip :thup:

Back