• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adhoc

Hello,

I'd really just like an opinion on whether or not my mobo is really dead before I do anything drastic. I've narrowed down the problems to either it being the memory or the mobo with the AMD rig in my sig. After failing to boot, I reset the CMOS, then set back my overclock settings, and it failed to boot after a few more cycles. Now, it just turns on, all the fans spin, hd/power leds both on, but no video output with either video card or onboard video alone.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not enough information to make a decision. In such situation that I might have, I would test ram in another board. I would test the power supply voltages been output by the power supply. Probably place a test cpu in what is thought to be the dead board. So without any of that sort of test or test by substitution, it is just a guess. My guess is motherboard.

Take out the cmos battery and leave it out overnight. Then try to clear Cmos and boot. Thats where i would start.

Back