• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decrease Pci and Agp speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortdog

Registered
Hallo !

I use iwill kk266-r. I run my 1000/266 mhz tbird axia at 8.5 x 157 (1335) stable as hell.
Windows boots up at 9 x 157 (1413) but when I start a game an error msg in win2k says. IRQL something "beginning dump of physical ram". I guess that might have something to do with high bus speeds in pci or agp?. Are there any ways to fix this little problem?

The system is running at 44 C idle at 1335 and 47 C idle at 1413

You need better cooling so you can up the voltage a little. That should get it stable at higher speeds.

Mortdog (Apr 08, 2001 04:13 p.m.):
Hallo !

I use iwill kk266-r. I run my 1000/266 mhz tbird axia at 8.5 x 157 (1335) stable as hell.
Windows boots up at 9 x 157 (1413) but when I start a game an error msg in win2k says. IRQL something "beginning dump of physical ram". I guess that might have something to do with high bus speeds in pci or agp?. Are there any ways to fix this little problem?

The system is running at 44 C idle at 1335 and 47 C idle at 1413

44@1335 idle is pushing it a bit. I agree with Donnie look for better cooling. CPU fan or case fans should help. If you get the temps down you may not even need to raise the voltage.

Yo

this T-Bird 950 Blue Core i have runs 162 FSB without a sound card and will run 155 fsb with a sound blaster live !

so your sound card my be holding you up BUT

these guys are right ......i suggest a FOP38 and lapp it and use artic silver thermal paste

its a awsome setup.....now if your temps are good @ 1.85 volts but you still cant get there then try doing the voltage mod on the boad and JACK that voltage up to 1.95-2.11 volts and i bet if your temps hold down like mine do the you should get even higher that your current goal!

good luck and feel free to ask anything

Well.
If I buy the fop38 I could, why not a vacuum cleaner and connect that m.f.
I now use the superorb and one system fan placed in front of the orb for extra cooling and I think it sounds too much. I the case is open but i have 2 titan 37 cfm going so I think I will manage to close the case without increase of system temp.

What do you guys think of Zalman Flower Fan. I believe the fan is as efficient as the superorb. Maybe 2 fans on the heatsink.

44 C idle and 49-50 C when playing isn´t that bad is it? We are talking amd now. They are supposed to get warm:). The like the heat. As long as you don´t reach 60 C and what to keep the **** for longer than a couple of years there really cant be no problem, can it?.

The 'ol Mortdog

Do you have a friend in Europe who can buy one and ship it to you? They are a smart design, but the ThermoEngine is also a smart design. The difference is the ThermoEngine is available in the U.S. but currently, the Zalman is not. You'll find the Orbs are not well received in OC'ing circles.

I live in Sweden. Thats in europe. We have a site called www.kylning.com which are specialized in selling cooling acessories. And they happen to sell Zalman. Maybe they would send one to you if you make an inquirement.

The 'ol mortdog

Back