• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell's LCD monitors for gaming...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DietPepsi0219

my friend was telling me that LCD monitors are bad for gaming...this summer ill be in the market for a new monitor and since i play FPS pretty much all day the monitor needs to perform well in games...ive heard really good things about dell's lcd's (not sure whether it was about gaming or not)....anybody? pros and cons with dell's lcds? anything? any good models, try to keep the price under $500 usd

this one caught my eye...http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...oductCompare.aspx&comppar=productlisting.aspx

Last edited:
any LCD with 8ms or less should be fine.

but if you really wanted to be pro...

i guess you could go for the 19" viewsonic 3ms response time monitor.

im pretty sure you can categorize that as 'gaming' loll

i have a samsung 12ms currently,, i notice tearing everynow in then, but i have fast eyes. no one else notices.

i just bought a dell 8ms today so im pretty sure itll be fine.

I've gamed on a dell 2001, 2005 and 2405 LCD. I never noticed ghosting, and I play fast paced FPS. I think modern LCD's are to the point where delay is negligable and most people think they're seeing it (it used to be a major problem, I built a buddies computer with a cheap LCD 5 years ago and I definetly saw ghosting).

I would go dell, you can't been the price and they have a 21 day money back gaurentee (they'll pay shipping back even!)

Response time isn't everything ... my fiancee has a Hyundai L90D+ 19" 8ms LCD (which I bought because of how highly so many gamers talked about it). It's sitting next to my Dell 24" LCD, which I believe has a response time of either 12ms or 16ms.

Long story short, she loved her LCD until she saw what it looked like next to mine - especially the vividness and saturation of colors. Now she wants a Dell. :D

I have 2x Dell 2005FPW monitors. Great monitors. I play quite a few FPS games, and have no issues at all. As long as you have a video card that is capable of running 1680 x 1050 with no problems, you will be fine. For the money, the 2005FPW is awesome. Also, you can find better deals at times. I bought my first one for like $412 shipped, and the second for $355 shipped. I have heard that there are newer models coming out in the near months with slightly better specs. They will be named the 2007FPW and 2407FPW. Depending on how long you are willing to wait to buy, it may be worth it to wait.

Back