• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW... I want one...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been building the monitor collection over the last 30 months. I bought my first 2001FP 2 yrs ago. It was sitting side by side with my Sony FW900. I got my 2405 back in October.

I just got a new Dell 3007FP, but I need to figure out how to mount it. It's bigger than the ergotron mount will handle.

I don't know what you mean by poor resolution. The 2001FP's are excellent @16x12. I have the 2405 set at @19x12.

ajrettke said:
Nice 3 monitor setup, looks like you got 2 2001's and 2405? I got a 2001 and 2405 side by side in the same manner as you.
That is pretty expensive for a relatively poor resolution. You could have 3 2405's for that price...or 4 2001's and with the remaining cash build your own mount and have a ton more pixel space. 4 Monitors may seem like a lot, but believe me, when you get em, you use em. I thought who needs 2 monitors...then I went dual and will never go back, played on a buddies 3 monitor setup...and if I had the deskspace horizontaly I'd add a third "wing" to my setup.

TTP said:
The key clicks are useful feedback and are not loud at all.

I prefer trackballs to mice. My wrist are in a rested position to minimize carpal syndrome and I have finger tip precision when I target in a FPS. Lastly, I really don't have the desk real estate for 4 mice.

There is something nice and tactile about the Model M-style 'click,' especially when typing alot, but I think a black one would look nicer at least with those monitors.

I really miss my trackball. I used to use a Logitech TrackMan until I finally gummed it up, literally. I had been chewing gum and took it out for a second for some reason, forgot about it, and then immediately wondered why I couldn't make the cursor move left. :bang head

Back