• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW... I want one...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy crap that's expensive. I would think with some creativity a person could so something like that themselves for less money. I agree about the black bars as well. It would still be a nice conversation piece :)

Yea... it looks cool, but I would never use half the monitors. The balck bars are too large for my taste. Even if I won them, I would probably sell half of them.

Cool none the less, and I'm sure it serves a useful purpose.

jdrake90 said:

Set up your own configuration..

monitors.jpg

I think these would work well at an industrial plant where you need to monitor a whole load of different process screens at once. Or possibly in an engineering environment with CAD. You could easily view a mutitude of schematics and wahtnot.

For personal use I'd rather get a huge projector and get 100" of goodness not just 4 x 19".

Our network admin has that same setup in the office :shrug: it's really not that great. the gaps between each panel would get annoying real quick though.

Hey them old keybords are awsome if your not using Windows. I noticed no WinKey.

Built to last I tell ya. :D

Enablingwolf said:
Hey them old keybords are awsome if your not using Windows. I noticed no WinKey.

Actually they kind of suck because they are really loud when you type. Did anyone else notice the trackball. WTF. Throw that away.

Ebola said:
Actually they kind of suck because they are really loud when you type. Did anyone else notice the trackball. WTF. Throw that away.

lmao QFT

It may be out of place but I have yet to find a keyboard that offers the same tactile feel. And these keyboards last forverer. When it gets dirty I simply pull the keys portion out and dunk it in dishwashing soap for a cleaning. I've had 2 of these keyboards since 1992. I've gone through countless logitech/microsoft keyboards on my other systems.

hawtrawkr said:
man that keyboard looks so out of place with all those monitors it almost hurts my eyes

I hate the damn winkey. There's really no usefull purpose to it. And when you're fragging and gaming, the key is right between the CTRL and ALT key and gets accidentally hit all the time, which kicks you out of the game and into the desktop.

Enablingwolf said:

Built to last I tell ya. :D

Nice 3 monitor setup, looks like you got 2 2001's and 2405? I got a 2001 and 2405 side by side in the same manner as you.
That is pretty expensive for a relatively poor resolution. You could have 3 2405's for that price...or 4 2001's and with the remaining cash build your own mount and have a ton more pixel space. 4 Monitors may seem like a lot, but believe me, when you get em, you use em. I thought who needs 2 monitors...then I went dual and will never go back, played on a buddies 3 monitor setup...and if I had the deskspace horizontaly I'd add a third "wing" to my setup.

The key clicks are useful feedback and are not loud at all.

I prefer trackballs to mice. My wrist are in a rested position to minimize carpal syndrome and I have finger tip precision when I target in a FPS. Lastly, I really don't have the desk real estate for 4 mice.

Ebola said:

Back