• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

delta triple bladed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dear gawd man, 55+DB??? thats to loud for a fan.. ESP a 120mm.. i have a hard time with a 68cfm 80mm delta and its only 48db~50db.. ull be hurting if you run that thing..

It's VERY loud. Try vaccumm cleaner loud. At 5 volts its still pretty loud. The thing has no really annoying high pitch like the smaller delta's, but rather a real big WHOOOOOSH sound.

I have looked at those fans, say on 7/5v how does it compair to say a delta 68cfm 80mm fan? If i ever got one i would have it so i could switch from 5/7/12, preferably pwm. I have found really loud fans keep my sister away from my computer, my mom well..um thinks the delta 68 is way to loud as it is. The first time i installed it and such she was like....why is your computer so much more loud? The only computers she has really been around are umm my systems with panaflows that i could hear the hd and nothing else or the 486's she used along time ago at one job she had. And you just know 386's and 486's really pump out the heat...heheh passive cooling works fine if you have any case airflow like say a psu fan sucking air in the case would be enough. Anyways, my advice is to put your pc on the floor, preferably put some sound deadening panels or somthing between you and the computer/headphones/earplugs etc so you dont go crazy from the noise or get headaches etc.

Do you think that putting sound dampening material around the perimeter of the fan and on the little middle circle (the plastic circle in the middle that covers the motor) would cut the sound down much?
Cause I was thinking that if the sound comes from the motor then if you cover it 360 degress vertical and then cover the top and bottom it should cut it down quite a bit, I'd think at least. Can anyone confirm or deny this theory?

Unfortunatly the sound doesnt really come from the motor. Most all comes from the fan blades, the stationary vanes, and vibration. The noise deadening stuff on the motor if it stopped vibrations should help a bit though. Also i hear polishing/sanding with very fine grit sand paper on the stationary vanes helps a bit.

Ahhh, so it's the vibrations that make the noise... Hmmm, so you sand the stationary vanes and maybe find some vibrations absorbing stuff to put around the fan and on the plastic circles over the motor? Am I outa my mind (been up all night, no sleep) or does such vibration absorbing material actually exist? All I've seen so far is the sound stuff.
Thx

I compared the specs more closely with Delta's 120x38mm 190cfm fan and have to doubt it's usefullness. The 120x38 has greater pressure and less noise. Actual throughput is only about 10-30cfm higher. The only thing that I can think of that might be better with the 120x76mm would be if the pressure/throughput performance curve is better suited to your application.

Whoa Momma! I've never seen such behemoths of a fan besides the Comair 172s! That's a freaky amount of air. Cram that sucker onto a radiator!

Where would one get one of those 76mm thick ones?

Jeez that's a lot of air. I may consider one if I can figure out how to quiet it.

Last edited:
Back