• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta vs. Tornado??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well my tornado is less anoying than my 60mm deta
thats for sure

i dont have a delta 80 so i dont know what to tell you

tornado is nice...just pull the finger gaurd off it...it makes it quiter

I like German and Japanese cars :D

I have a Delta 80 however I don't have a Tornado 84 so I can't tell you the difference between them other than that 4 cfm > 5dBA. I don't use fan grills because as long as you organise your wires nothing will hit it, I also run a closed case (Panels on), so nothing will hit it.

Yodums

wasnt this a discussion about a fan? how did this end up fixated on chevy vs ford? anyways the tornado is on annoying fan! im now sure how it measures up to the delta 80 but if theres 5dba of diffrence then one is twice as loud

I don't have a Delta 80mm, but I do have 8000rpm 60mms. Man they SCREAM. Its not that they are that loud, it's really the pentrating whine they put out.......

I have an 80mm Tornado with nothing stealth about it:) It seems louder, yet less annoying than the Deltas: no whine.
I sure am glad I keep all of them in the basement: I couldn't take any of them in my office for long!

My workstation is, of course water-cooled:D

wow your ears are made out of steal. My quite 4000rpm 30dba is kinda loud to me. If i dare buy a Delta/Tornado my ears would be bleeding, seriously :eek:

o0OBruceLeeO0o said:
will the 84cfm cool better than water?

No. But it can come close: I have mine on an AX7 which was lapped. Its cooling an XP1700@1710 and usually runs within 1c of my H2O rig-XP1600@1927.

Ambient is higher where the water rig is, and vcore is higher.
And I can sit right next to it without bleeding ears, unlike the cellar, which is noisier on the pc side than it is on the laundry side:D

Last edited:
Back